For the 3rd consecutive year, the Palestine Information and Communications Technology incubator (PICTI) in partnership with Women’s Technical Affairs Committee (WATC), Alianza Por La Solidaridad (APS), Palestine Family Planning and Protection Association (PFPPA) and Culture & Free Thought Association (CFTA) are currently implementing the project “Reducing Gender Inequalities in the Occupied Palestinian Territory” funded by the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID).
The overall objective of the 4-year intervention is to contribute towards the recognition and full exercise of the Right to a Life free from Violence and the Economic Rights of Palestinian women in the West Bank and Gaza.
Scope of Work
Under the framework of this project, PICTI is considering the selection of a highly qualified Gender Expert, where he/she will perform the following tasks:
- Conduct 2 hours session with PICTI’s staff to discuss the proper regulations and policies concerning discrimination and violence in the workplace. He/she will come up with a paper that states PICTI’s role and commitment towards incorporating mechanisms for overcoming violence and discrimination in the workplace.
- Conduct 8 hours/2 days training to target beneficiaries from public sector, private companies and representatives from the Unions to better understand the concepts of discrimination and violence that women may encounter at the workplace and how to create a working environment that is free from gender-based violence.
- Develop a commitment paper to encourage target beneficiaries to enhance their discrimination regulations and policies in the workplace. The gender expert must develop this paper before the training session so as to discuss it in the training. At the end of the training, the expert must influence at least 8 companies to modify their gender policies and practices.
- Prepare an action plan, identifying the main topics to be discussed within the 2 days’ workshop as well as the 2 hours session with PICTI’s team.
- Prepare a complete training report by the end of the training on what was delivered to the above-mentioned beneficiary groups.
- Prepare an awareness material on gender-based violence and discrimination in the workplace to be used as content for printed posters and brochures.
The assigned expert must ensure the attainment of the following:
- Emphasize gender issues in the workforce as well as gender division of labor.
- Emphasize the role of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment.
- Support the development of tools, systems, processes and approaches that continuously improve women’s working conditions.
- Facilitate and support a strong learning and knowledge sharing community around gender-transformative practices in the workplace, amongst target beneficiaries.
- Encourage beneficiaries to modify their policies and practices to cope with gender-based violations in workplace.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Guidelines and Selection Criteria
In undertaking this assignment, the expert should consider submitting:
- Technical proposal (70%) covering the following items:
- Expert’s CV and Cover Letter.
- Previous relevant experience.
- Clear action plan on what to be discussed with PICTI and what to be delivered within the 2-days training (training is expected to be implemented in September – to be identified later with the selected offer).
- Financial proposal (30%). The price quotation should be in USD.
Please note the following: -
- The price quotation should be submitted in:
- English language.
- In US Dollar – excluding VAT.
- Include working hours and price rate per hour.
- The price offer must be valid for a period of 3 months.
- The selected expert must submit the following
المسمى الوظيفي Gender Expert
آخر موعد للتقديم 02 - Sep - 2021
المكان رام الله والبيرة
نوع الوظيفة العقود والاستشارات
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 3 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Application Submission and Deadline
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application in a sealed envelope to the following address: Al-Irsal Street; Ougarit Building; 4th Floor, no later than Thursday September 2nd 2021 at 1 pm. Please include “Gender-Based Consultancy Service Provider” in the subject line and cover letter.
If you have any further inquiries, please contact the following number: 0594232468.
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة الحاضنة الفلسطينية لتكنولوجيا المعلومات PICTI
رام الله والبيرة
Fundraising and Business Development Officer
23, Oct, 2019
Community Development Coordinator
23, Oct, 2019
Financial & Administrative Officer
14, Nov, 2018
4, Dec, 2016
18, Aug, 2016
18, Aug, 2016
13, Jul, 2016