The Palestine Information Communication Technology Incubator (PICTI) is a spin-off from the Palestine Information Technology Association (PITA). PICTI assists technology entrepreneurs to commercialize their ideas by designing, developing, implementing and promoting those initiatives that will support the development of entrepreneurial business ventures by providing them with an integrated package of world-class business development services that will nurture and support the commercialization of ideas and enhance the development and growth of dynamic enterprises including micro, small, medium and high growth model.
“To inspire, facilitate and support young Palestinian ICT entrepreneurs with expertise, know-how and initial (seed) funding on their way to setting-up and manage their own sustainable company with an international ambition.”
PICTI is currently recruiting the following fulltime position to be based at its office in Gaza Strip.
The Financial and Administrative Officer will handle an assortment of financial tasks that includes Financial and accounting, Accounting and Administrative Officer to handle, prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance and financial position. Duties will also include perform a variety of administrative tasks, including managing phones and emails, scheduling appointments, from the other hand incumbent will also support management with daily clerical tasks, Plan meetings, Answer phone calls, provide information to callers or connect callers to appropriate people and finally Schedule appointments and update calendar.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all accounting operations based on accounting principles
- Prepare budget and financial forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Conduct month-end and year-end close process
- Collect, analyze and summarize account information
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, balance sheet, profit/loss statement etc.
- Develop periodic reports for management
- Audit financial transactions and document accounting control procedures
- Keep information confidential and secure them with random database backups
- Keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Support management in delivering administrative support.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation on operations and qualitative aspects.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Proven working experience in accounting or relevant field.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Excellent accounting software user.
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality.
- Degree in Accounting or related field with knowledge of using account system(s).
- Very good organizational and administrative skills.
Please send your application no later than 20th Nov 2018 to [email protected] under title “Financial and Administrative Officer”. The application should include a letter of motivation and CV. Please answer the following questions in the letter of motivation.
– Why do you think you are the right fit for this position?
– Which of your experiences would you use in this position?
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.