Job Title: Administrative and Financial Assistant
Contract Duration: 12 months
Starting Date: ASAP
PICTI is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of “Administrative and Financial Assistant”.
Overview on PICTI
The Palestine Information and Communications Technology Incubator (PICTI), is an independent Palestinian organization that has been created through the initiative and support of the Palestinian Information Technology Community. PICTI and its partner organizations, including PITA and Pal trade, have as their mission the revitalization and the sustainable growth of the Information Communication Technology (ICT) sector in Palestine.
The strategic core component of PICTI is an Incubator facility that offers professional business services to Palestinian entrepreneurs who have mature concepts for unique and innovative ICT products assessed to have strong market potential.
The key competitive advantages of PICTI include its governance structure that provides access to economic clusters, its dedicated staff with incubation know-how, its clients and pipeline of entrepreneurial ideas, and an initiative underway to structure a seed fund for the benefit of pre-revenue start-up companies incubated at PICTI. PICTI aims to develop the Palestinian Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) as well as high growth model sector as a mean to generate new jobs, attract foreign investment and improve the economic situation in Palestine.
The Admin Assistant is responsible for supporting that accounting processes and systems of PICTI are running effectively and efficiently and supporting compliance with external donors financial and administrative requirements.
The Admin Assistant will support all financial issues related to PICTI in coordination with the Financial manager and the general manager.
The Admin Assistant will work in cooperation with the Projects Coordinators and will report to the Finance Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and reviewing all supporting document related to any payment according to the PICTI manuals and Procedures and follow up all needed supporting with the suppliers/Vendors.
- Preparing the needed records for daily financial transaction when required.
- Supporting in making requests for transfers and payment orders internationally and locally.
- Supporting in budget reporting to the PICTI Donors.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide regular financial reports as and when they are needed.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budgets.
- Writing checks, and hand it to suppliers/vendors, consultants, contractors in the office.
- Prepare and bookkeeping for all procurement and financial issues in close coordination with all involved including update of procurement plan as needed and facilitating the purchase process of goods and services required in accordance to PICTI.
- Coordinating with local partners’ finance department to receive/Internal and external audit/verify all expenses on monthly basis and complete the missing documents.
- Responsible for sub-grant documents include final agreements, modifications, all related attachments, and important communications.
- Supporting partners in preparing financial reports as needed.
- Maintaining the Petty cash or any other advances payments, transportations of the projects during the workshops.
- Participating in capacity building and needs assessment for partners.
- Supporting in following up with CBOs to ensure proper money transfer and use.
- Follow up closely on monthly payments and advances,
- Assist with payroll and related taxes
- Conducting an inventory of physical assets and control them.
- Ensuring HR files are up to date.
- Translating documents, formal letters, MOUs and formal agreements from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Scanning and sending scanned copies to requesters, mainly scanned copies for the coordination office, finance contracts and daily administration work.
- Filing all documents/scanned copies as needed and keeps filing system maintained.
- Follow up the health insurance correspondences (reimbursements, additions, cancellation.)
- Responsible for stamping the payments as Paid.
- Preparing consultancy/ training contracts using the standard templates.
- Supporting staff with organizational aspects of project events (roundtables, dialogues, trainings, etc.)
- Writing minutes of meetings in respect to what the project workflow requires.
- Gathering monthly timesheets and ensuring that the project’s sources of verification are filed and maintained.
- Assist in preparing and following up financial documents necessary for payments according to budget.
- Maintain an efficient filing system and managing all records.
- Keeping track of incoming and outgoing correspondences and communications.
- Assist in preparing and organizing traveling procedures, hotel accommodation and transportation for staff, consultants, counterparts and others advances.
- Provide general administrative and financial services as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- B.A Degree in Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Bisan ERP system.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in administrative and financial arrangements.
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience in a comparable position.
- Understanding of financial systems and procedures.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Office application (e.g., word, excel, PowerPoint).
- - Knowledge about the Palestinian Tax law
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet).
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Interested applicants must include (a) A resume (in English) and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English). Please submit your application by e-mail to [email protected] no later than 18/11/2021 at 4.00 pm.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.