Mazaya Business services is a Palestinian consulting firm, distinguished in providing a high value service in management and business consulting, outsourcing, and unique project management services. Mazaya Business Services is currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Gender and Communication Specialist as follows:
The Gender and Communications Specialist will be responsible for the development and implementation of internal and external communications plans for public relations, website, and social media as well as he/she will be responsibility for implementation of the gender mainstreaming strategy.
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: annual contract, renewable.
Duty Station: Ramallah with travel to different areas in the WB&G
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and produce internal and external reports in compliance with relevant legal regulations and incorporation with program senior staff.
- Advice team members on a daily basis on gender mainstreaming, gender awareness methods, and strategies on activities and policy.
- Follow-up and implement the gender strategy developed for the program
- Promote and scale out relevant gender concepts, approaches, and analytical frameworks to apply and strengthen the capacity to integrate gender dimensions in their work, as needed
- Develops, delivers, and implements high-quality communications and media strategy, in consultation with the program management.
- Works with teams to ensure quality and appropriate content and provide review of all communication material (audio-visual and print) raising material produced and distributed to the targeted group.
- Identifies and documents lessons learned; collects information for case studies from the field; writes and prepares success stories, facilitates periodic reviews, prepares presentation for the achievements.
- Translates the success stories, documents and official letters when needed.
- Other relevant tasks, as assigned.
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, communication, women studies, social sciences, or other relevant academic discipline. Master Degree is a plus.
- 5-7 years of professional work experience in gender and disability mainstreaming, women studies, social sciences
- Experience in Public Relations, Media or Communications Divisions of organizations.
- Fluent in Arabic and English, both verbal and written.
- Proven analytical, communication and writing skills in both Arabic and English.
- Previous working experience with International agencies, preferably USAID.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to collect and analyze data.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to: [email protected] , no later than August 7th, 2018. Applicants should indicate the position title in the subject line of the email.
Mazaya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.