Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK) is a non-profit community-based tourism union that delineates, and develops Masar Ibrahim in and around different Palestinian localities. The organization endorses cultural diversity and exchange, safeguards tradition and heritage, inspires storytelling and encourages friendships based on the advancement of human values and the preservation of the surrounding environment and the people’s needs for further growth and education. MIAK works closely and jointly with local communities to cultivate their resources, capacities and the opportunity for a better life.
Agents of Change is a project funded by European Union through the Danish Church Aid (DCA) targeting East Jerusalem Youth. The project is based on introducing Resilience and Tourism as a community-led intervention that will contribute to the overall objective: “The development of resilient communities in East and northwest of Jerusalem to be able to withstand shocks and mitigate protection threats while preserving the Palestinian character of the areas”. An important element is the focus on community-based tourism as a mechanism to respond to challenges the community face. Targeted communities in this project will be old city of Jerusalem; At Tur, Ezaryah- East Jerusalem AND Biddou, Qbeiba, Beit Anan, Beit doqqu, Beit Sourik- Northwest of Jerusalem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Local authorities coordination:
- Get in contact with local authorities, transfer, receive information and follow up with them via constant meetings.
- Trust building with them.
- Attending meetings and writing the minutes.
- Local community (Families of accommodations) development:
- Enhancing the relationship with families of accommodations and Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil.
- Trust building between families of accommodations and Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil.
- Follow up for the development of accommodations in terms of renovation, equipment, trainings families (home stays, and English trainings).
- Linking different types of accommodations with women centers.
- Making sure of accommodations are consistent with the view of Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil.
- Frequent follow up field visits is required.
- Women Coordination:
- Enhancing the coordination and networking among women CBOs.
- Enhancing the exchange of knowledge and experience among women CBOs and individuals.
- Trust building between women and Masar Ibrahim.
- Making sure that all of the Women activities throughout the Masar Ibrahim routes help the overall project in bringing economic property to the local communities.
- Making sure that the Masar is being marketed through all of women activities to local and International travelers.
- Empowering the women through giving them the chance to participate in festivals to express their selves and share their skills and abilities.
- Empowering and preparing women to be innovative and self-reliant.
- Highlighting the needs of the women and work on resolving it.
- Conducting workshops that includes the building of women capacity.
- Raise the women awareness about their village history, heritage, and about old stories
- Giving women the chance to talk about their concerns, needs and their wishes.
- Enhance women social situation through participating with other women inside and outside the village.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of: principles and techniques of supervision, procurement, personnel development, event planning, audio-visual systems and other equipment and practices typical to the project; word processing, Excel, MS-Project.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must have driving license.
- Frequent travel as needed, to provide oversight and assistance for on-site project.
- Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in Women studies or any other related field.
- Three years of experience with women and communities, with NGO’s is preferable.
- Ability to write and develop TOR for new and existing service providers.
- Ability to run the day-to-day activities and work under pressure.
- Ability to write detailed project’s reports.
- Ability to coordinate between different staff members and different departments and be a good team member.
- Ability to prepare all filing and documentations for all of the organization’s work.
- Ability to develop and write all MOU and contracts for MIAK.
- Knowledge and high ability to use MS Office programs.
- Fluency in English and Arabic (writing and oral).
- For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: forms.gle/1SRiEKyTo5vJNn5a8
- After filling the Job Application Form please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: hr[at]masaribrahim[dot]ps
- The Subject of the email should be Women Coordinator.
Deadline: Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
- Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
- Only short-listed will be contacted.