Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Beit Sahour, Main Office
Status: Full Time
Starting date: Immediately
This position is partially funded by East Jerusalem Youth – Agents of Change project and by
Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK) is a non-profit community-based tourism union that
delineates, and develops Masar Ibrahim in and around different Palestinian localities. The
organization endorses cultural diversity and exchange, safeguards tradition and heritage,
inspires storytelling and encourages friendships based on the advancement of human values
and the preservation of the surrounding environment and the people’s needs for further
growth and education. MIAK works closely and jointly with local communities to cultivate
their resources, capacities and the opportunity for a better life.
East Jerusalem Youth - Agents of Change is a project funded by European Union through the
Danish Church Aid (DCA) targeting East Jerusalem Youth. The project is based on introducing
Resilience and Tourism as a community-led intervention that will contribute to the overall
objective: “The development of resilient communities in East and northwest of Jerusalem to
be able to withstand shocks and mitigate protection threats while preserving the Palestinian
character of the areas”. An important element is the focus on community-based tourism as
a mechanism to respond to challenges the community face. Targeted communities in this
project will be: Old city of Jerusalem; At Tur, Ezaryah- East Jerusalem AND Biddou, Qbeiba,
Beit Anan, Beit doqqu, Beit Sourik- Northwest of Jerusalem.
CROSSDEV is a project funded by the European Union under the ENI CBC Med Programme
and the objective is contributing to the economic and social development in Mediterranean,
strengthening and enhancing sustainable tourism practices, emphasizing common heritages
and resources. Specifically, it expects to increase touristic competitiveness and
attractiveness of less known destinations, rural/depressed areas, adopting/enhancing the
Cultural Routes concept/experiences in selected areas of 4 countries:
• Italy: Sicily, communities in the areas along the Via Selinuntina, neighborhoods of
Sambuca di Sicilia (Province of Agrigento) and Castelvetrano-Selinunte (Province of
• Jordan: communities around less known historical and cultural sites in Aqaba area
(Southern Jordan) and archaeological site of Umm Qais (Northern Jordan)
• Lebanon: villages in the area of Jabal Moussa Biosphere Reserve, Mount Lebanon
• Palestine: the extended area of Masar Ibrahim Al-Khalil from Beit Mirsim to Batter -
southern of the West Bank.
Masar Ibrahim Al-Khalil Trail is the longest trail in the West Bank, and along the Path’s mostly
rural corridor, there are about 60 rural, marginalized communities, some of which living
below the poverty. Most of these very poor and marginalized communities.
As part of CROSSDEV project, MIAK will expand the Masar trail from Beit Mersim to Battir,
so it will reach around 16 new communities, and will work to develop community-based
tourism in these marginalized communities, develop 5 new segments of the Masar, out of
which 1 Disabled friendly segment Beit Mersim and Battir.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and implement MIAK’s communication and marketing strategy, project’s
communication plans, advocacy, and awareness plans.
• Systematically develop communication’s department forums, archives, data collection,
• Layout, draft, design, and promote social media content, website content, and
publications in Arabic and English
• Actively manage the social media and website channels of MIAK.
• Capture, film, edit, and produce high quality photos, videos, documentaries, success
stories, and other audio-visual materials.
• Ensure systematic documentation and archiving for project’s achievements and activities
• Maintain an effective relationship with communication officials in other NGOs, relevant
government ministries and collaborates with them as appropriate.
• Co-ordinate the launching of publications (Annual Report, press releases). Support public
• Disseminate press releases, success stories and key policy messages to journalist’s
representatives of the media with whom solid partnerships should be sought.
• Manage and monitor the utilization of funds earmarked for use for communication
• Co-ordinate communication and marketing of activities with unit heads and senior
management team public Advocacy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Special Working Conditions:
• Must have driving license.
• Frequent travel as needed, to provide media coverage and documentation.
• Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and
weekends as needed.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, development,
management, or a related field.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Communication or marketing with local and
• Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic.
• Excellent knowledge in video editing software’s and photo editing software’s
• Knowledge in graphic design software’s.
• Advanced experience in social media channels, ads, promotion and management.
• Knowledge of website management systems.
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
• Strong consultative communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Experience in not for profit management, governance, and community relations.
• Residents of Bethlehem Governorate.
For more details and application form, please click on Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه and fill the Job Application Form online.
• After filling the Job Application Form please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by
email to: [email protected]
• The Subject of the email should be Communication Coordinator.
• Deadline: Friday, October 9, 2020
• Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the
application will NOT be considered.
• Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be
received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
• Only short-listed will be contacted.