PALESTINIAN HERITAGE TRAIL
INCREASED ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES AND IMPROVED LIVELIHOOD FOR FRAGILE COMMUNITIES ALONG THE PALESTINIAN HERITAGE TRAIL (PH TRAIL) IN THE WEST BANK
Palestinian Heritage Trail (PHT) received a grant supported by the government of Japan Funded through the JSDF and the World Bank to implement “Increased Economic Opportunities and Improved Livelihood for Fragile Communities along the Palestinian Heritage Trail (PH Trail) in the West Bank” project. The objective of this project aims to benefit about 2,700 Palestinian individuals present in about 50 fragile communities along the Palestinian Heritage Trail across the West Bank. There will be a special focus on women and youth, as it is estimated that at least 40% of the beneficiaries will be women and 25% youth.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – Part Time
PHT is seeking to hire a staff to fulfill the position of “Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator” who will be responsible to coordinate and to facilitate the Monitoring and Evaluation aspects of the project according to PH trail and World Bank requirements and procedures.
Main Tasks, Responsibilities and Scope of Work:
This Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator will have to fulfill the duties, responsibilities and tasks related to the project Monitoring and Evaluation aspects per detailed tasks below:
- Lead project team in the development and implementation of an M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities. Ensure the quality and relevance of the project’s monitoring and evaluation design.
- Utilize the Collaborative, Learning and Adapting Approach to continually assess project progress and inform project management decision-making.
- Provide support to performance evaluation.
- Develop the relevant data collection tools and will meet directly with the beneficiary communities and individuals and with key stakeholders to discuss and review the updates of main indicators, their collection and their changes over time.
- Ensure the quality of M&E related data to be collected throughout the program implementation.
- Participate in the preparation and facilitation of informational meetings with PH Trail’s partners.
- Document results of the M&E system and produce periodic reports required by PH Trail and donor agencies.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing other relevant reports.
- Assist Project Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations.
- Collect the data in a monthly and/or quarterly. basis and store the data and information in the PHT database.
- Assist the various program teams in data analysis. analysis closely with beneficiaries and stakeholders during ad-hoc meetings, seminars, and workshops
- Prepare and maintain project-related data collection over time and analyze them.
- Prepare project indicators over time.
- Conduct M&E field visits to project beneficiaries as needed.
- Work with project beneficiaries to facilitate smoot implementation of project grants and project activities and guarantee beneficiaries’ contribution to project activities.
- Train project beneficiaries on participatory M&E system, to facilitate and support them in self reporting project’ results through the existing PHT online M&E system.
- Develop his/her tasks in close collaboration with PHT field coordinators that will support the collection of relevant data, as needed, complementing the self-reporting of the beneficiaries.
- Undertake other duties as per the requirements of the project or as directed by the Project manager at PH Trail.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A bachelor degree in Business Administration or social sciences or any other related field.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation including experience on designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation activities of International NGOs and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing Monitoring and Evaluation and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools, quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (both spoken and written) and excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with World Bank projects and Community-Based Tourism is a plus.
The consultant shall deliver the following during his/her contact duration:
- Quarterly and annual reports include information on M&E progress, findings, and lessons learned from project innovations. (3 quarterly and 1 annual every FY)
Special Working Conditions:
- Must have driving license.
- Frequent site visits as needed, to provide oversight and assistance for on-site project.
- Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed.
- Ability to work in a team.
Time Frame and Contract
The duration of the assignment is one year, with possibility of extension, on part-time basis. The expected start date for the position is March 1, 2023.
For full TORs and full description of the main tasks and responsibilities, please go to link:
Terms of Reference – M&E Coordinator
For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: https://forms.gle/sqoNBEwNiR3nvGwE9
After filling the Job Application Form, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: [email protected]
The Subject of the email should be M&E Coordinator
Deadline: Sunday, February 19, 2023
Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
Only short-listed will be contacted.