Title: Communication Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Beit Sahour, Main Office
Status: Full Time
Starting date: Immediately
Palestinian Heritage Trail (PH Trail) is a non-profit community-based tourism organization (union) that delineates and develops a hiking trail in Palestine. The trail runs through Palestinian green highland villages of Jenin in the North, down to the deserts in the Jerusalem Wilderness and South to the amazing landscapes of Hebron curving to continue to the amazing Battir that is recognized by UNISCO as a “World Heritage Site”. Walking the trail, takes travelers down the Palestinian cultural heritage lane and gives a taste of the local’s identity that is believed to be preserved in the soil and earth walked on. Such experience invites voyagers to discover the simple, yet warm, life of the local communities, and the traditional hospitality from the heart of the Palestinian people.
East Jerusalem Youth - Agents of Change is a project funded by European Union through the Danish Church Aid (DCA) targeting East Jerusalem Youth. The project is based on introducing Resilience and Tourism as a community-led intervention that will contribute to the overall objective: “The development of resilient communities in East and northwest of Jerusalem to be able to withstand shocks and mitigate protection threats while preserving the Palestinian character of the areas”. An important element is the focus on community-based tourism as a mechanism to respond to challenges the community face. Targeted communities in this project will be: Old city of Jerusalem; At Tur, Ezaryah- East Jerusalem AND Biddou, Qbeiba, Beit Anan, Beit doqqu, Beit Sourik- Northwest of Jerusalem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the organization communication and marketing strategy, project’s communication plans, advocacy, and awareness plans.
- Layout, draft, design, and promote social media content, website content, and publications in Arabic and English
- Actively manage the social media and website channels of the organization.
- Disseminate press releases, success stories and key policy messages to journalist’s representatives of the media with whom solid partnerships should be sought.
- Ensure systematic documentation and archiving for project’s achievements and activities
- Maintain an effective relationship with communication officials in other NGOs, relevant government ministries and collaborates with them as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate communication and marketing of activities with unit heads and senior management team public Advocacy.
- Systematically develop communication’s department forums, archives, data collection, and procedures.
- Co-ordinate the launching of publications (Annual Report, press releases). Support public outreach initiatives.
- Manage and monitor the utilization of funds earmarked for use for communication purposes.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must have driving license.
- Frequent travel as needed, to provide media coverage and documentation.
- Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, development, management, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Communication or marketing with local and International Organizations.
- Excellent writing skills in English and Arabic.
- Advanced experience in social media channels, ads, promotion and management.
- Knowledge of website management systems.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong consultative communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in not-for-profit management, governance, and community relations.
- Residents of Bethlehem Governorate.
- Knowledge of EU standard of proficiency.
- Excellent knowledge in video editing software’s and photo editing software’s
- Knowledge in graphic design software’s.
For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: forms.gle/xvQcsCtXje24hyPi9
After filling the Job Application Form, please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: vacancies[at]phtrail[dot]org
The Subject of the email should be Communication Officer.
Deadline: Sunday, May 30, 2021
Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
Only short-listed will be contacted.