VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT / GAZA SUB-DELEGATION
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC office in Gaza is looking for internal candidates to fill in the following position:
Function : WEC Field Officer (Risk Awareness Safe Behavior)Officer
Place of employment : Gaza
Occupation rate : 100% - Full time
Type of Contract : 3-6 Months
Expected Starting Date : ASAP
The Weapon Contamination (WeC) Field Officer implements directly or supports the implementation and monitoring of ICRC WeC activities. S/he contributes directly to ensuring staff safety and the continuation of critical operations, helping vulnerable people and supporting National Societies in situations where conventional or non-conventional weapon contamination poses a hazard.
- Contributes to designing, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior interventions.
- Contributes to identifying Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior response options based on people centric approach.
- Supports the definition of WeC objectives and priorities.
- Develops access to education programme
- Designs, tests and produces new WeC material and approaches to raise awareness and promote safer behavior.
- Explore opportunities to ensure that WeC activities facilitate and complement other aspects of ICRC work, such as relief distributions, water provision and dead body management
- Contributes to implementing Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior related assessments, in particular Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) study.
- Contributes to building the capacity of the National Civil Authorities and National Societies in regard to Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior.
- Liaise with PRCS Volunteers, community focal groups and local NGOs in regard to community-based Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local NGOs and National Civil Authorities for implementing Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior activities.
- Helps provide the necessary reports, monitor key performance indicators.
- Facilitates Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior training of trainer (ToT) courses for the National Society and National Civil Authorities.
- Keeps records of distributed materials, training and all data related to Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior activities.
- When applicable, facilitates “Emergency Risk Awareness” campaigns.
- Reports events and changes within the context that could have an impact on the WEC Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior activities, thereby providing sound elements that help the department to set objectives and priorities.
- Responsible for logistical and administrative tasks related to the relevant activities including, preparing SRs, payment sheets, Bill of Quantities and services provider/suppliers quality checks.
- Contributes to written reporting on Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior activities.
- Contributes to the direct costs estimations for the Planning for Results in regard to the relevant file.
- Translates/interprets as required by the department.
- Internally, interacts with staff from other programmes (Assistance, Protection, Cooperation within the Movement, Communication) on WeC-related matters.
- Externally, interacts with: the civil authorities (traditional chief, district level), (officer level), the civilian population, and the National Society (branch head), where applicable.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and professional experience requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- At least three years overall professional experience
- Two years working experience in WeC/Mine action
- Professional experience in International Organizations is an asset
- Excellent computer and presentation skills.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates
Please send your applications by email to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: " WEC Safe Behavior – Application – Your name".
Deadline to send your application: August 15th, 2021
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply