VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT / GAZA SUB-DELEGATION
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC office in Gaza is looking for candidates to fill in the following position:
Function : Communication Officer
Place of employment : Gaza
Occupation rate : 100% - Full time
Type of Contract : Fixed Term contract (six months)
Expected Starting Date : June 2019
- Identifies and seizes opportunities to position the ICRC, such as new developments, note-worthy dates and interesting projects, working internally with various colleagues.
- When required, supports Gaza spokesperson in pitching story ideas to media outlets in order to ensure positive visibility of the ICRC and its activities.
- Plans, launches and develops digital audio- visual projects that seek to profile ICRC’s work and concerns.
- When required, supports in the drafting, editing and revision of public communication products, including speaking points and press-lines, together with concerned colleagues.
- Creates, edits and re-packages a wide variety of engaging local and global content for ICRC’s digital channels, in coordination with concerned colleagues where relevant.
- Identifies, hires and supervises external contractors, such as photographers, cameramen, graphic designers etc, for production of select communication materials and maintained a network of talented photographers and producers.
- Evaluates success of digital content initiatives after publication and draws lessons learnt for future projects.
- Identifies and seizes reactive opportunities, contributing digital input to quick turn-around campaigns, working internally with Public Relations Officers and externally with media counterparts.
- Ensures all the AV material is properly archive and can be easily found and reused.
- Support all other activities from the communication department as might be assigned
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and professional experience requirements:
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, multi-media or journalism.
- Experience in content generation, including audio visual production and editing software.
- Experience in drafting public communication documents including news releases, articles and press-lines.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to communication
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media landscape of Gaza.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates
Please send your applications by email to [email protected], indicating in the subject line:
“GAZ Communication Officer – Application – Your name”.
Deadline to send your application: May 11th 2019
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Females candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The ICRC strongly encourages individuals with disability who fulfil the basic requirements to apply