VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT / GAZA SUB-DELEGATION
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC office in Gaza is looking for candidates to fill in the following position:
Function : Water and Habitat (WatHab) Engineer 1 (Electrical)
Place of employment : Gaza
Occupation rate : 100% - Full time
Type of Contract : 9 months with possible extension
Expected Starting Date : April 2020
The WatHab Engineer (Electrical) will be responsible for the design and supervision of complex electrical engineering projects related to the ICRC’s Gaza Resilience Program (GRP). The GRP is a 5-year ICRC program aiming to strengthen the ‘resilience’ (the capacity to withstand shocks and stresses and to recover from them as quickly as possible) of communities, infrastructure, and services in the Gaza Strip. The WatHab Engineer will join an existing experienced team under supervision of the Resilience Program Manager and the WatHab Team Leader.
- Identify and propose projects and activities relevant to address the wider objective of the GRP;
- Develop and/or review projects proposals including concept papers, budget, and time plans; design works where necessary (surveys, testing, drawings, calculations, program, BoQs etc.)
- Provide comments and queries on internal and externally produced project documents in accordance with relevant design guidance, standards, and good engineering practice.
- Prepare tender documents for construction works (invitation to tender, contracts, BoQ, drawings, technical specifications, minutes of pre-bid meeting);
- Follow up project implementation in close coordination with the WatHab department’s main partners: identify and mitigate risks to program and budget; ensure technical specifications, quality standards, and project deadlines met; co-ordinate works with key interlocutors, contractors, and communities in order to ensure an efficient working relationship amongst all project stakeholders.
- Guide and/or directly conduct all necessary assessments to identify remedial actions in cases of contract deviations/problems;
- Collect the necessary project and general data to be fed into the GIS platform and monitoring tools
- Periodically monitor the outcomes of the GRP activities under their supervision.
- Provide constructive criticism on program and projects strength and weaknesses; respond proactively to lessons learned.
- Ensure compliance of all activities with ICRC technical, administrative and logistic procedures and local building and engineering codes/standards.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and professional experience requirements:
- University degree in electrical engineering.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
- Proficient in use of technical drawing software and MS project-management suite or equivalent.
- 5 years' professional experience in a related field of activity.
- Good knowledge of water and sanitation or construction engineering.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates
Please send your applications by email to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: " WatHab Engineer Electrical – Application – Your name".
Deadline to send your application: March 9th 2020
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply