VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT / GAZA SUB-DELEGATION
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC office in Gaza is looking for internal candidates to fill in the following position:
Function : WEC Field Officer (Assistance)
Place of employment : Gaza
Occupation rate : 100% - Full time
Type of Contract : 3-6 Months
Expected Starting Date : ASAP
The Weapon Contamination (WeC) Field Officer implements directly or supports the implementation and monitoring of ICRC WeC activities. S/he contributes directly to ensuring staff safety and the continuation of critical operations, helping vulnerable people and supporting National Societies in situations where conventional or non-conventional weapon contamination poses a hazard.
- Contributes to the collection and compilation of all WEC Information Management including, victims’ stats, distributed materials and implemented activities. Applying data quality monitoring process and tools (forms, Dashboard…etc).
- Conducts visits to ERW victims and records data for potential assistance.
- Refer verified ERW victims to assistance departments in particular, EcoSec, PRP and MHPSS.
- Provides critical mapping of weapon contamination that may affect ICRC’s operations.
- Conducts quality assurance assessments to ensure the quality of training delivered by implementing partners.
- Contributes to integrated assessments and programming with other departments.
- Contributes to strengthening resilience based programmes, looking at longer term solutions and relationships between WeC and other departments.
- Reports events and changes within the context that could have an impact on the WEC Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior activities, thereby providing sound elements that help the department to set objectives and priorities through data trend analysis.
- Supports activities related staff safety capacity building and operations continuity in weapon contaminated environments
- Acts as WEC focal person for the AAP/CCC mechanism in place.
- Contributes to the vulnerable communities’ needs-assessments in regard to Risk Awareness/Safer Behavior.
- Coordinates and, when necessary, records information such as minutes of meetings and helps prepare other required documentation.
- Responsible for logistical and administrative tasks related to the relevant activities including, preparing SRs, payment sheets, Bill of Quantities and services provider/suppliers quality checks.
- Contributes to the direct costs estimations for the Planning for Results in regard to the relevant file.
- Translates/interprets as required by the department.
- Internally, interacts with staff from other programmes (Assistance, Protection, Cooperation within the Movement, Communication) on WeC-related matters.
- Externally, interacts with: the civil authorities (traditional chief, district level), (officer level), the civilian population, and the National Society (branch head), where applicable.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and professional experience requirements:
- University degree in a relevant field
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- At least three years overall professional experience
- Two years working experience in WeC/Mine action
- Professional experience in International Organizations is an asset
- Excellent computer and presentation skills.
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates
Please send your applications by email to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: " WEC Assistance Officer – Application – Your name".
Deadline to send your application: August 15th, 2021
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Female candidates are encouraged to apply