The Water and Research Officer is accountable for planning research, managing projects, and providing technical oversight to ensure that Ecopeace research program is scientifically credible and responsive to utility needs.
He/She requires a broad understanding of the water sector and is also accountable for creating, maintaining, and disseminating knowledge resources on selected topics of critical importance to the water utilities sector and the water community. This position will focus on utility water resources and science research and science.
- Prepare and continuously review work plan of research activities with external experts, partners and counterparts
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the water sector in Palestine within the various technical, policy and geopolitical context.
- Provide technical content, prepare original materials, and respond to requests for information.
- Collaborate with experts on professional committees to develop research agendas, design research projects, and monitor technical progress.
- Manage and coordinate the activities of volunteer advisory committees for assigned research projects and research topics.
- Support in the review and follow up of producing deliverables by partner researchers
- Coordinating and editing technical documents produced by EcoPeace
- Collaborate with the Government Relations Officer in advancing policy and advocacy cases through providing technical information and support
- Proactively monitor science and water media and make suggestions for social media, weekly electronic newsletter, and other external communications.
- Report on activities and provide periodic reporting in writing, incorporating the required KPIs as required by the MEAL system.
Other General Tasks
- Ensure proper coordination and streamlining of information between EcoPeace ME offices.
- Develop list of organization relevant to the research activities work.
- Following all research and article related to Ecopeace interest, writing a short summary and share it with the technical and advocacy team.
- Following on relevant event and seminars and update the technical and advocacy team.
- Maintain relations with identified experts and organization that include phone and meeting on regular basis.
- Initiate collaboration with those organizations whenever it is relevant.
- Representation of the organization at conferences as needed
- Support proposal development teams with technical information in response to external grant funding opportunities.
- Assist with organization-wide events
- Work closely with the logistics and operations department to meet procurement and donor’s compliance requirements for the implementation of activities
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’s experience of work in the water sector or relevant areas
- Knowledge in USAID projects and procedures is highly favourable
- Documented competencies in technical writing, oral presentation, group facilitation, and working with volunteers and/or committees.
- Have the capacity to understand and analyse national, regional, and local politics, and the creativity and analytical capacity.
- Bilingual, proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems with high level of computer literacy, word
processing and spreadsheet/Excel skills. Experience with statistical packages or other relevant information and data management applications is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel in the region.
- Strong commitment to the aims and objectives of EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME
Eligible candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with subject line
Water and Research Officer
Please include the following in your submission package:
- Cover Letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications will be treated with confidentiality, and only short listed candidates will be called in for an interview
Deadline for accepting applications is August 14th, 2022