EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
ROLE SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
To support mainly the Palestinian Director of EcoPeace Middle East, specifically in nurturing relations with people of interest and daily management of meetings and correspondence.
EcoPeace ME Palestinian Director.
One year with the possibility of an extension
Work Station: Position based in EcoPalestine / EcoPeace ME Office – Ramallah, Palestine
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to EcoPeace ME Palestinian Director
- Facilitates effective communications and information management support
- Supports external relations activities
Provides administrative support to EcoPalestine Director:
- Provides administrative support to ensure the smooth and efficient functioning of the EcoPeace ME Palestinian Director;
- Coordinates the efficient and discreet management of the Director’s schedule;
- Coordinates regular and ad-hoc internal meetings, including Senior Management Team, Board Meeting, and staff meetings;(Schedule, Agenda, To-do List, Follow up Tasks, and Minutes of meeting)
- Assembles briefing materials and presentations for the Director
- Coordinates travel planning and logistical support arrangements for the Director
- Under the guidance of the Operations Unit, undertakes logistical administrative arrangements, for meetings, events and workshops organized by the Director
- Assist Director during the process of writing and editing reports, concept notes and proposals
- Administers and manages the Director leave plans and attendance including time sheet preparation
Facilitate effective communications and information management support:
- Screens all incoming communications, filters outgoing correspondence for Director’s signature, clearance and further action by other staff; wherever needed
- Facilitates the flow of information/communication to and from the Director within Palestine office and other EcoPeace offices
- Reviews, prioritizes and routes correspondence to and from the Office of the Director
- Follows-up action and keeps the Director informed;
- Maintains and organizes up to date hard and electronic files for easy access and retrieval. Ensures safekeeping of confidential and sensitive files, information, and reports.
- Works and coordinates closely with Operations unit to ensure compliance with organization’s
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors
- Undertaking preparatory duties for conferences and events
Support to external relations activities:
- Supports the Director’s interaction with various external partners such as donors, civil society, and other partners through collaborative and proactive relationship with counterparts and colleagues in those offices;
- Organizes official events/hospitality for the Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Main Skills and Requirements
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Calendar management: scheduling meetings locally and abroad, planning trips abroad including travel logistics.
- Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multi ethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Take charge of self-development and take initiative
- Proficient in MS Office software packages (MS Word, Excel, power point, Google Calendar, Zoom and other communication apps. etc.) as well as web based management systems.
- , Internet, and Email Experience
Excellent Writing and verbal communication skills
- University degree or equivalent in Business or Public Administration, or any relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years of administrative experience preferably in a large or international organization;
- Fluency in English, and Arabic is a must;
Interested applicants shall submit their CVs, cover letters, and three references to be sent by email to [email protected] , make sure to add in the subject the Job Title you applying for.
Deadline to receive application no later than 21 November 2022 at 16:00 pm. (Changeable) – any application will be received after the deadline will be not considered,