EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
MEAL Manager will be responsible for the development and oversight on the implementation of the overall organization-wide evaluation strategy with input from the MEAL team. The MEAL Manager will help advise on achieving the organization’s 5-year-strategy objectives and goals. This position is responsible for delivering an impact strategy, including planning for data collection, management and analysis that is necessary for donor reporting, achieving internal organizational growth, and feeding into the image building of the organization. This position will report directly to the EcoPeace ME Directors.
- Work closely with Resource Development / Program Departments on new project design, including:
- Development of the project log frames and indicators
- Development, selection and adoption of guidelines, tools, and protocols to aid project implementation and capture project performance results
- Ensure integration of the overall KPIs and objectives of the 5-year- strategy
- Undertake relevant sector research and integrate inhouse research, capture and integrate learnings to respond to new project development needs
MEAL AND IMPACT MANAGEMENT
Manage the MEL Team in Ramallah and TA including the following tasks:
- Provide guidance and support to MEL Officers to produce MEL Annual Plans for the various EcoPeace ME programmes and projects
- Ensure that the annual plans include all targets and indicators to be effectively and efficiently tracked at the proper intervals during the execution phase
- Support the MEL Officers in designing surveys, interviews outline and other data collection tools
- Manage and foster high standards and practices for quality data collection and analysis, including appropriate qualitative and quantitative data analysis methodologies
- Conduct periodic Data Quality Assurance (DQA) through data verification procedures including routine data quality audits
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection, management and analysis systems and propose improvement solutions
With Regional Program Director / Managers
- Coordinate regular review meetings with the Regional Programme Directors / Managers to facilitate dialogue and learning on project implementation
- Process risks and “red flags” related to committed targets with the Regional Programme Director / Manager
- Ensure staff understand and implement on principles of transparency and accountability towards program participants, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Establishing feedback mechanisms, complaint and response mechanisms, or other forms of reporting.
- Ensure conducting ethical data collection and use for protecting the privacy and confidentiality of program participants
- Develop mechanisms for regular feedback collection and documentation from donors and relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as gender, age and disability, environmental protection are effectively addressed/ mainstreamed in all project/programme implementations.
- Responsible for annually updating and reviewing the Risk Registrar with EcoPeace and leadership teams.
5YS Impacts Tasks
- Consolidate and develop the overall framework for MEAL for all organization's partnerships and projects, including reporting requirements beyond outputs/outcomes, in compatibility with the 5-year-strategy KPIs and goals
- Work across EcoPeace ME to develop and refine outcomes/impacts
- Implement impact measurement plan
- Coordinate and facilitate yearly process of updating the 5YS strategy
DOCUMENTATION AND REPORTING Collaboration
- Review and optimize impact and reporting framework
- Ensure key learnings, and good practices from the implemented projects are documented and shared internally and externally, including stories of change, case studies, etc.
- Ensure that all the data related to MEAL action plan tracker and databases are recorded and updated in a timely manner
- Guide and review the MEL Officers in preparing project-based MEAL reports in timely-manner
- Produce periodical consolidated MEAL reports and for EcoPeace Leadership review.
- Support program teams with adaptations to 5YS objectives, new learnings and methodologies
- Responsible for providing high-quality advisory and capacity development to MEAL staff to develop and deliver effective M&E system.
- Conduct training of project staff for effective high-quality data capture across the projects
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably a Master’s degree in social sciences, economics, statistics, demographics, or development studies, or related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience or related field/similar position, with a strong technical background.
- Experience in a complex, international organization preferably International NGO context
- Experience working with donor-funded projects, USAID experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, including experience working with theories of change and/or program logic methodology and impact measurement frameworks.
- Advanced analytical skills developed in a similar role, including research methodologies and quantitative analysis
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work with complex data sets
- Computer literate in statistical packages including Microsoft applications and others such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EPI Info, CS Pro, and SPSS
- Ability to write and present in-depth reports in English;
- Experience of line managing, including coaching skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and interest in a diverse and fast-paced working environment
EcoPeace positively welcomes all interested applicants and encourages them to submit their CVs along with a cover letter no later than 29th May 2023 by sending their applications to [email protected] holding the title of the announced position.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.