EcoPalestine Charitable Society for Environmental and Water Projects is non-governmental organization registered in the Palestinian Ministry of Interior. EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage and create the conditions for sustainable development and peace in our region.
Job Purpose: The Logistics Officer is vested with implementing logistics duties and responsibilities associated with the effective operations of the EcoPeace in Palestine.
Report to: Finance & Operations Manager
Workstation: Ramallah, Palestine
ROLE SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role of the logistics officer involves ensuring seamless operational processes through comprehensive logistical support and supervision. This individual will be responsible for planning, managing, and coordinating logistics to guarantee the successful execution of projects and programs.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Support the Programme Team in the preparation, planning and procurement of logistics needed for national, regional and international activities and events, including but not limited to supplies, training materials, training venues, catering services, transportation and accommodation.
- In cooperation with the Programme Team, identify what material and equipment need to be purchased for the activities.
- Collaborate with the team members to develop plans for transporting participants from one location to another
- Assist the Programme Team in preparing purchase requests for the projects’ activities and events.
- Ensure that the preparations and procurement processes are aligned with project requirements, internal procurement policies as well as donors regulations.
- Assist collecting the participants data and maintain sound and clear communication with the activities’ participants for logistical arrangements and instructions.
- Responsible for safekeeping the hard copies and soft copies of the participants information, documents and lists, including attendance sheets and all other relevant material.
- Managing the Logistics Petty Cash, verifying cash transactions, collecting supporting documents for payments, and ensure sound recording and documentation of the transactions
- Ensures that the invoices/payment requests are received, properly certified and approved following the department manager’s approval and that payment packages include all needed supporting documents for the finance department to process the payment(s)
- Attending all national and regional trainings and meetings as needed
- Performs other duties and responsibilities delegated by the management within his or her capacity.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business Administration, Management, or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in logistics operation and processes.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and presentation in Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills, MS office, MS Project, Excel functions, and PowerPoint.
- Be highly committed, able to work under pressure, adapt to new situations and meet deadlines.
- ability to travel regularly.
- USAID experience is favorable.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following:
- Cover letter relating to your motivation for the position and your relevant background qualifications.
- Any other documentation (e.g., letters of recommendation, sample writings, etc.) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
Send application to the following emails : [email protected] specifying the name of the position .
EcoPeace Middle East provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.