With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID (UKAid), DFAT Australia, KfW/GIZ, the World Bank, the Caribbean Development Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
CowaterSogema International Inc. (lead), in collaboration with the Palestinian Businesswomen’s Association (Asala) and the Near East Foundation (NEF) Palestine, will implement a 4-year, CAD 9M initiative that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and youth in the West Bank.
Based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the Agribusiness, Markets and Renewable Energy Component Lead, the Renewable Energy (RE) Officer will be engaged on the project as a full-time employee to support the RE component of the Program. The RE Officer will have explicit technical expertise in the RE sector. It is expected that this position holder will also work with the Senior RE Policy and Governance Consultant and liaise with the HQ-RE oversight specialist in order to ensure the smooth delivery of the RE component of the project.
- Act as the principle resource on renewable energy issues, practices and policies relevant to the project;
- Contribute input to all project work planning and reporting processes with particular focus on the Renewable Energy Component;
- Under the direct supervision of the component lead and in close coordination with other senior team members, set up the RE innovation fund policy, procedures, and work plan;
- Under the direct supervision of component lead, design and implement the RE apprenticeship sub-component;
- Identify potential women enterprises beneficiary of the solar panels installations in line with set project criteria;
- Contribute to the design and implementation of all RE component awareness raising campaigns;
- Facilitate a professional relationship and coordination with market actors and stakeholders in the RE sector;
- Support the Component Lead to finalize the construction schedule for the installation of solar PV panels;
- Provide administration support to the procurement processes for soliciting solar panels and installations services in a transparent manner which aligns with the procurement guidelines of the project, GAC and the Palestinian Authority;
- Participate in the evaluation of tenders received from procurement related to the component;
- Provide monitoring oversight of the RE component and report any issues arising to the Component Lead;
- Liaise regularly with other staff and project partners in monitoring progress towards achievement of program outcomes, reporting any matters arising to the Component Lead;
- Support the documentation of lessons learned and good practices regarding the installation, use and management of RE;
- Work collaboratively with project partners to identify opportunities to expand or extend the RE component to other activities; and
- Provide technical management support to contractors engaged to construct solar PV panels, under the oversight of the Component Lead.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field, including: electrical engineering or renewable energy technologies;
- Seven (7) years of progressive responsibility managing RE related projects funded by donors;
- Experience working with and managing solar PV installation contractors;
- Practical experience working in a similar capacity in GAC-funded projects and knowledge of the RBM tools would be assets;
- Fluent in English;
- Demonstrated knowledge of renewable energy technologies and how they can apply in a development context;
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to professionally speak/read/write in English;
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude;
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
All applications for the position of Renewable Energy Officer are to be submitted through Apply Now - تقدم لهذه الوظيفة الآن
Candidates are encouraged to apply before August 22nd, 2018. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.