With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
About Generating Revenue Opportunities for Women and Youth (GROW) Project
Undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC), and in cooperation with the Ministry of National Economy, GROW is a four-and-a-half-year project (2018-2022) that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and youth in the West Bank. The project responds to the development needs and challenges faced by female entrepreneurs in the West Bank, to move beyond their essential but largely unrecognized roles, ultimately contributing to their increased voice and agency in both social and economic spheres, while enhancing the overall productivity and competitiveness of the target value chains within the agribusiness subsector.
Summary of Position
Based in Ramallah and reporting to the Finance and Operations Manager, the Finance and Administrative Assistant-FAA will be engaged on the project as a full-time employee and is responsible for preparation and follow-up of all financial transactions of the project. FAA will provide the Finance and Operations Manager an oversight to ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to meet generally recognized accounting standards, in addition she/he will also make sure that all financial records are up-to-date and well archived.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years of experience in relevant function.
- Excellent speaking, writing and oral communication skills in English.
- University degree in accounting, finance or relevant field.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word, in particular)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide timely and accurate financial reports and deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-based environment. Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Prepares and reviews all GROW’s financial transactions in compliance with the donor and CowaterSogema policies and guidelines.
- Performs all book-keeping into accounting system (QuickBooks).
- Responsible for employees’ daily attendance and leaves tracking.
- Prepares the needed financial and administrative correspondences with the banks, vendors, ministries, etc.
- Responsible for petty cash transactions, reports and control office supplies purchases.
- Responsible for handing over all suppliers’ payments.
- Tracking and follow-up for the staff and consultants’ timesheets, communication, vehicle fuel, etc.
- Planning meetings and taking detailed minutes.
- Maintains an up to date GROW project electronic and hard-copy archives for both financial and administrative works.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Extends administrative support to other GROW team members.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 14 July 2019 before 4:00 pm and include the position title in the subject line.
Applications received after this date or that do not meet the qualifications above will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.