With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of the position of Finance and Operations Manager within its local GROW office. Growing Revenue Opportunities for Women (GROW) is a CAD9mn project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and implemented by CowaterSogema. It aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and female youth in the West Bank. The project will be implemented over four years (2018-2022) in the West Bank.
Based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the Team Leader, the Finance and Operations Manager will manage the Finance and Human Resource, Administrative, Procurement and Logistics functions in support of GROW’s Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) mission in the West Bank.
The Finance and Operations Manager will have oversight of all operations functions of the Project and will work closely with the Project Team Leader the West Bank and CowaterSogema’s Senior Project Manager in HQ office in Canada to ensure that the Project is implemented with strong financial, governance, and administrative principles. The Finance and Operations Manager will also manage the performance of all administrative and financial staff and will support the annual planning and budgeting processes and preparation of project reports.
Project Mobilisation and Management
- Contribute to all activities as required to set up the project office in Ramallah, including management of relevant procurement processes and establishment of office permits;
- Lead the establishment and implementation of business processes and procedures and operations, including training and oversight on adherence of the Processes and Procedures Manual, Finance Manual, Security Plan and tools to ensure overall efficiency of systems and processes and in compliance with Donor and CowaterSogema safeguards and policies;
- Oversee and manage procurement plans and strategies in collaboration with the CowaterSogema Senior Project Manager to manage tender activities—including development of scope of services, specifications, basis of payments and forms of contract—in accordance with Project guidelines;
- Establish, maintain, and oversee a functional and secure IT system which meets Project requirements; and
- Oversee the security operations and staff briefings in relation to security and advise the Team Leader and CowaterSogema Senior Project Manager of any related issues.
Project Financial Management and Administration
- Prepare project budgets in coordination with the Team Leader and Project’s Technical Team
- Manage and maintain accounting and finance records for all grants and project activities
- Oversee accounting and payment of all project invoices
- Track spending totals and provide regular forecasting projections and financial reports as needed
- Establish robust and transparent grants procedures in line with GAC and CowaterSogema guidelines
- Assess financial and administrative capacity of partners, subcontractors, and grantees and train and coach them to enhance their capacity in these areas
- Manage the Due Diligence process for new partners and beneficiaries
- Assume overall responsibility for project administration including operational, logistical and administrative policies and tasks needed by the project in compliance with CowaterSogema and GAC regulations
- Ensure maintenance, quality checks of accurate financial reports and quarterly budget forecasts on project implementation;
- Work to develop the finance team’s capacity in financial management and reporting;
- Oversee the financial management and accounting system, including fraud control and audit procedures;
- Ensure expenditures are in accordance with the approved annual plan and implemented with strong financial, administrative and governance principles
- Oversee all services related to the tendering, contracting, contract supervision, contract monitoring and financial management of activities identified in the annual plan; and
- Respond to financial audits – including preparation of supporting schedules and information, consolidated reports, and documentation.
Planning and Reporting
- Provide budget development support to the Team Leader and the CowaterSogema Senior Project Manager for the annual planning process; and
- Work with the Team Leader, Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Adviser and the CowaterSogema Senior Project Manager to develop and deliver quality six-month narrative progress reports and quarterly financial reports.
- Provide supervision to all administrative and logistical arrangements for meetings and forums; and
- Ensure provision of any other necessary logistical support for activities – such as arranging venues for seminars or workshops, producing and distributing workshop materials, and arranging logistics for participants.
- Coordinate security of incoming international experts, guests, and CowaterSogema personnel and property
Human Resources Management and Contracting
- Oversee the staff performance assessment process for all personnel in collaboration with the relevant supervisors;
- Oversee the induction of new staff ensuring personnel are briefed with the project policies including on gender, disability, fraud, anti-corruption, child protection and the environment; and
- Ensure any locally sourced technical assistance is engaged in accordance with local labour laws and the market.
Project Risk Management
- Contribute to the ongoing assessment of and response to project and corporate risks;
- Proactively monitor and report on risks and implement mitigation measures in consultation with the Team Leader and CowaterSogema Senior Project Manager; and
- Ensure that CowaterSogema’s corporate interests are respected, including adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, systems and protocols
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree or post graduate qualifications in finance, accounting, business administration, or another relevant discipline;
- At least 7 years experience in donor-funded project management and implementation as part of large-scale and complex international development initiatives in the West Bank, including but not limited to:
- establishment and management of administrative and reporting processes and procedures;
- management of relevant tendering, contract, and procurement processes; and
- recruitment and human resource management.
- Experience in Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) projects; and
- Experience working with donor organizations including GAC, USAID, DFID, DFAT, and the World Bank
- Excellent project and financial management skills and knowledge of all areas of project management;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities within a dynamic environment;
- Ability to identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and process improvements;
- Strong understanding of international assistance funding, and related procurement, grant and project management procedures;
- Strong understanding of the government systems and the operating context; and
- Excellent speaking, writing and oral communication skills in English.
All applications for the position of Finance and Operations Manager are to be submitted through our Career Portal - Please click on Apply Now - تقدم لهذه الوظيفة الآن
Candidates are encouraged to apply before May 20, 2018. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.