With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of the position of a Locally-Engaged Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist. Growing Revenue Opportunities for Women (GROW) is a CAD9mn project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and implemented by CowaterSogema. It aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and female youth in the West Bank. The project will be implemented over four years (2018-2022) in the West Bank.
Based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the Team Leader the MEL Specialist will be engaged on the project as a full-time employee. He/She will be responsible for the overall Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (MEL) Management system of the project, ensuring project performance meets GAC, CowaterSogema and project quality standards. The MEL Specialist will develop the MEL Framework including strong performance management indicators. They will ensure baseline data collection is conducted at the start of the project and that data is collected regularly against the project’s logical framework indicators. He/she will be responsible for creating a monitoring and communications plan in collaboration with the other GROW team members which ensures that lessons learned are incorporated into activities to achieve greater impact. The MEL Specialist be required to produce regular monitoring and evaluation reports, evidence based case studies and success stories for dissemination per GROW’s communication plan. Additionally, they will lead and provide technical guidance to the team and partners to ensure application of monitoring of performance and evaluating the success in all planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting and knowledge management activities of the Project.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning System
- Lead the development of a detailed and robust MEL system in collaboration with CowaterSogema HQ assigned experts, including defining performance measurement indicators and operationalizing the logic model and developing supporting tools which meet GAC’s standards and are fit for the purpose this project focusing on women’s economic empowerment (WEE).
- Lead the successful implementation of the MEL plan according to the set Monitoring Framework project’s standards are fully met;
- Promote an evaluation culture, focused on standards, quality assurance/control and capacity development in the project Office
- Act as a focal point and a source of expertise for monitoring, evaluation and learning across project office and partners’ teams.
Data Collection, Analysis, and Management
- Development and maintenance of the project database to ensure that information is accurate and current;
- Monitor the implementation of all activities on an on-going basis through site visits, receiving reports from implementing partners and obtaining feedback from the recipients of assistance
- Ensure key progress information is collected from partners, reviewed, and entered into the project database;
- Undertake occasional field visits to sub-contractors to confirm and triangulate reported findings;
- Oversee follow-up interviews after key outputs and record results in project database;
- Oversee all data collection activities to support project learning and evaluation, including case studies, market and community assessments;
- Develop and implement methodologies and standards for monitoring and evaluating project activities and improving data quality. In addition, s/he will also develop presentations and written reports based on findings;
- Collate and analyse monitoring and evaluation data from partners and other sources and provide reporting on the project outcomes; and
- Analyze larger trends by linking and analyzing data from a variety of sources, including activities and outputs from related initiatives in the region.
Project Reporting and Evaluation
- Support the finalize of all inception phase deliverables, including the validation of the logic model, performance measurement framework and risk register;
- Lead the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting for the overall project;
- Prepare external reporting including annual reviews, project-specific reviews, briefings for team members, and the project completion reports;
- Provide data as required for independent project evaluations and ensure findings from the evaluations are incorporated into project activities and policies as appropriate; and
- Identify any risks to the project’s ability to report on the achievements of the project.
Knowledge Sharing and Capacity Building
- Ensure that the information needs of other Project areas are supported with specific research studies or through other MEL methods;
- Assist sub-contractors in using monitoring information and applying monitoring techniques by providing technical support where required;
- Organize workshops, participatory analyses, reflection meetings, and other learning events to develop internal and external M&E capacity and ensuring policy and procedure awareness and compliance; and
- Work with the Communications to package quality and accurate project reports, output results, stories of change, and other Communications and Learning pieces, for wider dissemination.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in any social or natural science discipline.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 3 years with an international organization;
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating of donor funded projects;
- Experience with field data collection;
- Experience in report writing;
- Strong experience and skills in research, data collection, analysis, and management;
- Experience facilitating participation of marginalized groups (i.e. women and low-income) and strengthening their voice and input in community initiatives;
- Strong monitoring and reporting skills with excellent knowledge and experience in project
- management; and
- Experience in organizing and facilitating training and learning sessions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of development issues in the West Bank, particularly in the areas of women’s economic empowerment;
- Strong communication and diplomacy skills with the ability to speak/read/write in English;
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude;
- Practical experience working in a similar capacity in GAC-funded projects and knowledge of the RBM tools; and
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and evaluation software.
All applications for the position of MEL Specialist are to be submitted through our Career Portal - Please click on Apply Now - تقدم لهذه الوظيفة الآن
Candidates are encouraged to apply before May 20, 2018. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.