Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Location: Ramallah/ West Bank
Cowater International/ GROW Project is excited to announce the opening of the position of a locally engaged Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer based in Ramallah with frequent field visits across the West Bank.
Background: About Cowater International
With more than 30 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018. Cowater International Inc. is currently implementing an initiative, entitled “Generating Revenue Opportunities for Women and Youth in the West Bank” (GROW) that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and youth in the West Bank.
Undertaken with the financial support of the Government of Canada provided through Global Affairs Canada (GAC), and in cooperation with the Ministry of National Economy, GROW is four-and-a-half-year project (2018-2022) that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and youth in the West Bank. The project responds to the development needs and challenges faced by female entrepreneurs in the West Bank, to move beyond their essential but largely unrecognized roles, ultimately contributing to their increased voice and agency in both social and economic spheres, while enhancing the overall productivity and competitiveness of the target value chains within the agribusiness subsector.
The project will focus on three inter-related intermediate outcomes: i) reduced barriers to entrepreneurship faced by women; ii) enhanced opportunities for women entrepreneurs to successfully establish and/or grow sustainable businesses; and, iii) enhanced opportunities for female entrepreneurs, particularly female youth, to support the adoption of renewable energy in the olive, goat and sheep dairy and agro-food processing value chains. To achieve these outcomes, the project will address several key challenges impacting women’s entrepreneurship in the West Bank, including the prevalence of socio-cultural barriers and their associated impacts on women’s household, community, and economic roles and status; and, women’s limited access to finance, business development support services, technology, reliable and affordable energy, skills development opportunities, and markets.
Summary of the Position
Based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the MEL Specialist, the M&E Officer will be engaged full-time. He/She will assist in the regular quantitative and qualitative monitoring and reporting of GROW’s activities in the field, as per the Project’s MEL system. He/She will ensure baseline data collection is conducted as planned and that data is collected regularly against the project’s logical framework indicators. The M&E officer will assist in data collection, data handling, protection and analysis, as well as in producing regular monitoring and evaluation reports, evidence-based case studies and success stories for dissemination. Additionally, he/she will support partners to ensure application of performance monitoring and evaluating the success in all planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting and knowledge management activities of the Project.
Data Collection, Analysis, and Management
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Project’s beneficiary databases to ensure that information is accurate and current.
- Monitor the implementation of all activities on an on-going basis through site visits, receiving reports from implementing partners and obtaining feedback from the recipients of assistance.
- Ensure key progress information is collected from partners, reviewed, and entered into the project database.
- Undertake occasional field visits to sub-contractors to confirm and triangulate reported findings.
- Support follow-up interviews after key outputs and record results in project database.
- Support all data collection activities to support project learning and evaluation, including case studies, market and community assessments.
- Assist in baseline data collection, while supporting partners in this process and overseeing external consultants.
- Assist in the implementation of methodologies and standards for monitoring and evaluating project activities and improving data quality.
- Assist in the collation and analysis of monitoring and evaluation data from partners and other sources.
Project Reporting and Evaluation
- Assist in the preparation of progress reports.
- Assist in the preparation of external reporting including annual reviews, project-specific reviews, briefings for team members, and the project completion reports;
- Document case studies and progress of beneficiaries; and
- Provide data as required for independent project evaluations and ensure findings from the evaluations are incorporated into project activities and policies as appropriate.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in in any economics or social sciences disciplines.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 2 years with an international organization.
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative and qualitative research methods, field data collection, analysis, and management; Experience facilitating participation of marginalized groups (i.e. women and low-income) and strengthening their voice and input in community initiatives.
- Strong monitoring and reporting skills with excellent knowledge and experience in similar development projects
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, SPSS, or other statistical and evaluation software.
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude.
- Practical experience working in a similar capacity in international development, or donor funded projects and knowledge of the RBM tools is a plus.
- Believer in human rights, particularly women’s rights
- Positive teamwork attitude
- Eagerness to learn and adapt
- Proactive and innovative
- Passion for supporting marginalized and vulnerable groups
All applications for the position of the M&E officer are to be submitted to the following address: [email protected], stating in the email subject the position “M&E officer”. Required documents include:
- Cover letter outlining all relevant experience.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
Candidates are encouraged to apply till Thursday, August 6th, 2020. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted. If you have any questions or inquiries, please contact us at Tel: 02-2951656.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.