EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
Job Purpose: To oversee all accounting and finance functions for the three offices of EcoPeace Middle East, ensure that financial reporting of three offices are compiled in a clear manner.
Reporting To: EcoPeace Regional Board of Directors, and EcoPeace three Directors
Full responsibility of all aspects related to accounting, budgeting, and finance relating to all operations and activities of all three offices. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the accounting operations and financial management functions are performed in accordance with EcoPeace ME policies and procedures.
Review and oversee all Regional Operational accounting in the accounting system (Netsuite database) to ensure accuracy and proper recording for the financial transactions before the monthly closing, which includes the following:
- Recorded expenses and revenues according to chart of account guidelines , appropriate budget line and according to GAAP
- Reconciled bank and Cash accounts
- Reconciled office credit card(s) (if any)
- Reconciled intercompany transactions between the three offices & all balance sheet accounts and other accounts for each office
- Prepare quarterly and yearly Financial reports to be presented to the Regional Board of Directors
- Provide recommendations to EcoPeace Directors and Regional Development Director on the various budgeting and financial matters based on reporting and review results.
- Create budgets and forecasts for upcoming period(s) and year(s).
- Oversee all statutory reporting to the three governments (salary, taxes, income etc.), and annual audited financial statements.
- Ensure proper Documentation and Compliance for the payment process for payroll, EoS compensations, and all payments for the three offices
- Review and submit all statutory filings in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Resource Development team on revenue recognition with and to ensure full compliance with donor requirements (at proposal and reporting level) and assist with the integration of new budgets into NetSuite.
- Coordinate and consult with the regional financial team on all matters that may affect the three offices.
- Conduct frequent visits to EcoPeace offices and provide training to Finance staff on EcoPeace Financial procedures and requirements
- Review the Finance & Operations Manual as an annual basis and recommend changes if any
- Preparation of donor reports for review by the Finance team
- Analysis of actual to budget results to identify problems in accounting or compliance
- Control over and/or entry of changes to the Chart of Accounts, Analysis Codes and Exchange Rates, make suitable allocations, circulation & management.
- Perform other duties as assigned/needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting.
- Certified Public Accountant or Equivalent
- Good command in using cloud financial systems
- Fluent Arabic and English. Hebrew is an advantage
- Able to travel between the offices ( Tel Aviv , Ramallah , Amman)
- Preference for candidates with experience working with international agencies
Interested applicants shall submit their CV's, cover letters, Copy of a valid Certificates , 2 reference letters from previous jobs, and salary expectations to be sent by email for [email protected] . Make sure to add in subject the Job Title you’re applying for.
Deadline to receive application no later than 30 September 2019 at 16:00 pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.