EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
Job Purpose: To oversee all accounting and finance functions for the 3 offices of EcoPeace Middle East, ensure that financial reporting of 3 offices are compiled in a clear manner.
Full responsibility of all aspects related to accounting, budgeting, and finance relating to all operations and activity of all 3 offices. Oversee the management of the procurement officers and review their adherence to procedures for the procurement cycle.
- Review all monthly activity in NetSuite accurately before the monthly closing:
- Recorded expenses and revenue according to chart of account guidelines and appropriate budget line
- Reconciled bank accounts and possible other accounts
- Reconciles office credit card(s) (if any)
- Reconcile intercompany transactions between the three offices
- Prepare quarterly and yearly Financial reports to be presented to the Regional Board of Directors
- Provide recommendations to EcoPeace Directors and Regional Development Director on the various budgeting and financial matters based on reporting and review results.
- Oversee all statutory reporting to the 3 governments (salary, taxes, income etc.), and annual audited financial statements.
- Review payroll, compensation, and benefits according to time sheets, contracts and agreements
- Review payment requests, expense payments, submission of checks and bank transfers based on appropriate expense approval and required documentation
- Review payments to partners based on adequate documentation of expense and contractual agreements
- Review records and control over petty cash
- Review annual audit, income statement and balance sheet
- Review and submit all statutory filings in a timely manner
- Work closely with the Resource Development team on revenue recognition with and to ensure full compliance with donor requirements (at proposal and reporting level) and assist with the integration of new budgets into NetSuite.
- Coordinate and consult with the regional financial team on all matters that may affect other offices.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting. Preference is given to those familiar with the accounting system in Jordan, Palestine and Israel
- Certified Public Accountant
- Good command in using cloud financial systems
- Fluent Arabic and English. Hebrew an advantage
- Able to travel between the offices
- Preference for candidates with experience working with international agencies
Interested applicants shall submit their CV's, cover letters, Copy of a valid Certificate CIA or CPA , 2 reference letters from previous jobs to be sent by email for [email protected] . Make sure to add in subject the Job Title you’re applying for.
Deadline to receive application no later than 14 February 2019 at 16:00 pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.