Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
Job Title: Public Health Promotor (2 posts, one female and one male)
Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Duration of services: 3 months
Level of effort: full time job 100%. The working week is Saturday through Thursday.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Plan and implement appropriate communication activities such as mass media campaigns.
- Plan, design, supervise and follow-up projects activities that are related to the field of background and experience of Public Health and WASH.
- Represent YEC and adhering to the general values and principles of the association and avoid any cultural or social sensitivities
- Deal with the time, cost and quality implications of the work, and has the ability to work effectively within team, time and budget constraints.
- Plan ahead, schedule and prioritize activities and address challenges in projects performance in order to meet objectives outcomes, impacts, and outputs are achieved in line with the resources available and project frameworks.
- Sets goals to achieve plan and meet quality standards.
- Effective communication with the project team, BNFs, local committees and relevant parties and promote their participation in the planning and implementation of field activities.
- Develop and supervise the hygiene promotion plan in the targeted communities.
- Conduct the awareness sessions for targeted beneficiaries.
- Conduct home visits to targeted households in the targeted areas.
- Conduct open days in targeted locations.
- Develop monthly field plans, and follow up the progress of activities.
- Conduct FGDs with beneficiaries to consult them about hygiene kits vouchers and their needs.
- Conduct FGDs with beneficiaries to consult them about IEC materials in targeted communities.
- Signing MOUs with targeted beneficiaries.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and provide it to the project coordinator at deadlines.
- Work on preparing daily reports on any problem or incident in the field affecting the progress of work.
- Participate in Gender and protection mainstreaming training.
- Participate in complaint and feedback mechanism training.
- Develop IEC materials and participate in conducting Mass media campaigns.
- Other duties as required.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree in public health, nursing, water or environmental sciences or related fields.
- Minimum of 3 years of practical experience in field of WASH projects and hygiene at community and households' level.
- Experience in a similar position and previous experience of working for NGOs, CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders.
- Good knowledge in basic gender and protection principles.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, interest and experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrates good experience in using computerized programs.
- Understanding and commitment to YEC and Donor’s values.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the YEC's values and ethical standards.
- Support promotion of YEC vision, mission, and strategic goals.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Good IT and computer skills, including data entry, analysis and reporting programs.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Participate effectively in team-based, information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email: [email protected] indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is Sunday, 15/11/2020 – 12:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address: Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St. near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
YEC believes in equal opportunities for both gender, and preferred who is a resident in Gaza or Northern Governorates