Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
- Represent YEC and project to the community;
- Activate the community committees and community groups;
- Engage with community decision makers and consumers for safe drinking water, and hygiene awareness;
- Build communication and deployment plans agreed with the decision makers and community committees;
- Supervising the process of community emergency preparedness including and not limited to conducting community initiatives and actions related to the identified public health risks;
- Act as a consultant for water beneficiaries for safe water handling, and provide sufficient understanding about the local desalination unit sustainability and usage;
- Provide sufficient support to community groups and field monitors to manage;
- Prepare weekly, monthly plans and report according to the provided templates from the project Coordinator.
- Provide progress reporting data and any requested related information;
- Data collection of the baseline, end line and all monitoring activities related to the project actions;
- Implement the planned initiatives, open days, community events and campaigns with community committees and volunteers;
- Follow up the feedback mechanism, beneficiaries’ participation and satisfaction on the project actions;
- Enhance gender participation in community activity regard to WASH practices;
- Network and coordinate with the CBOs, schools involving all community leaders as religious and social leaders;
- Promote the participation of men and boys in the house cleanliness tasks and drinking water management at the household level in order to alleviate the burden on women and girls;
- Participate in complaint and feedback mechanism training.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in social services/ health/public health/water/environmental related science.
- Social/psycho-social background with proved experiences could be considered
(Note that short listed people will be asked to show the original copies in the interview)
- 2 years of experience in community activation, field coordination, and community management.
- 2 years experiences in public health promotion and hygiene.
- Proven experiences in data collection, data entry, and community mapping
- Organized, highly creative and able to deliver the activity with high efficiency
- Strong personalities and good communication skills with at community and household level
- Good reporting skills
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good writing in Arabic, English.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email: [email protected] indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is Sunday, 15/11/2020 – 12:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address: Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St.,near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
YEC believes in equal opportunities for both gender, and preferred who is a resident in Gaza or Northern Governorates