Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
Currently, YEC in partnership with CESVI and ACTED is working on implementing a project “Rapid response for WASH rehabilitation at household level”. YEC is seeking competent and highly qualified Field Engineers to work in its office.
Job Title: Field Engineer– 4 posts.
Line Manager: WASH Program Manager.
Level of effort: The daily work will be according to need, (8 visits per day).
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Follow up the technical assessment for the needed maintenance/rehabilitation works;
- Follow up the daily field works, site inspection including supervising the works implemented either by the beneficiaries or contractors;
- Filling registers and forms according to the project procedures and guidelines;
- Helping in new projects identification, including field survey work, cost estimationز
- Participating in projects pre and post monitoring and evaluationز
- Reporting and bookkeeping for all correspondences and related documents.
- Follow up on timely payments for beneficiaries according to the original project timeframe and highlight any serious delays to the senior engineers;
- Follow up on different materials testing and relevant approvals;
- Inspect, if necessary, materials submittals and follow up the approval process until finalized;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BSc. Civil engineering from accredited university with 2 years proven experience in filed works and liaison with local communities and beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of contract conditions, self-assistant modelling.
- Professional knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD, MS Project.
Education and Knowledge:
- Learned about the Minimum standard for WASH HH intervention.
- Knowing about the protection principles and gender mainstreaming.
- Learned about accessibility for people with disabilities in WASH interventions.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years practical working experience in civil construction and maintenance in national/ international company, organization, CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders.
- Experience in civil construction and maintenance work under WASH and Shelter sectors.
- At least one year of experience in similar projects.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, extremely motivated and exhibit sound judgment.
- Good reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with partners
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email: [email protected] indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is Monday, 16/08/2021 – 04:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address: Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St.,near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
YEC believes in equal opportunities for both genders.