Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
Currently, YEC in partnership with CESVI and ACTED is working on implementing a project of “Rapid response for WASH rehabilitation at household level”. YEC is seeking competent and highly qualified project team leader to work in its office.
Job Title: Project Team Leader – 1 post.
Line Manager: WASH Program Manager.
Duration: 6 months
Level of effort: full time job 100%. The working week is Saturday through Thursday
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Follow up the project field activities (construction/maintenance of WASH facilities at homes level) and ensure compliance with the quality and accountability standards;
- Follow up the technical assessment for the needed maintenance/rehabilitation works;
- Supervise the team who will conduct the technical engineering assessment.
- Conduct site supervision for the construction and maintenance works to ensure compliance with agreed specifications;
- Arrange weekly and monthly reports on the progress of the field activities;
- Working with the stakeholder’s and beneficiaries of the project with a high level of the behaviour’s skills;
- Focusing on the work quality of the proposed project, granting to the high-level specifications required;
- Submit progress reports on regular basis (weekly basis) including references to achievement, obstacles faced and solutions taken to overcome them;
- Survey the maintenance sites at households and ensure that rehabilitation activities are carried out within demarcated land boundary and protect the site from external encroachment;
- Review and agree on the quantity, quality and cost of the materials used for rehabilitation and upgrading of WASH facilities.
- Ensure that the works timely progress in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Prepare various narratives, technical and financial reports as required;
- Resolve any unforeseen technical difficulties and other problems that may arise in the process of the work in consultation with the Executive Director and Project Coordinator.
- Responsible to ensure that effective implementation, monitoring and supervision tools are developed and implemented;
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers;
- Identify and manage risks and initiate corrective action where necessary;.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- BSc. Civil engineering from accredited university with 2 years proven experience in filed works and liaison with local communities and beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of contract conditions and self-assistant modeling.
- Professional knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD, MS Project.
Education and Knowledge:
- Learned about the Minimum standard for WASH HH intervention.
- Knowing about the protection principles and gender mainstreaming.
- Learned about Inclusion People with Disabilities in interventions.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years practical working experience in civil construction and maintenance in national/ international company, organization, CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders.
- Experience in civil construction and maintenance work under WASH sector.
- At least one year of experience in similar projects (WASH projects).
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis and reports writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, extremely motivated and exhibit sound judgment.
- Good reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with partners
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email: [email protected] indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is Saturday, 14/08/2021 – 04:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address: Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St.,near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
YEC believes in equal opportunities for both gender