Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
YEC, in partnership with HUMAN APPEAL UK is in the process to start implementation of Shelter project for ( improving living conditions of substandard houses for vulnerable communities – phase 3B emergency shelter )to assisting 113 HHs, families to improve their substandard shelters and strengthening resilience on household level project,.
Job Title: Field Engineer: (2 posts)
Line Manager: Project Coordinator
Duration: 5 months
Level of effort: full time job 100%. The working week is Saturday through Thursday
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Conduct technical assessments for potential beneficiary households under shelter minimum standards and CHS.
- Lead consultation discussions with households to identify rehabilitation needs
- Conduct regular field visits to project site locations.
- Maintain up-to-date documents and records related to all aspects of duties and responsibilities.
- Prepare Bill of Quantities for rehabilitation (BOQs) works and prepare project agreements accordingly.
- Assist in on-going collection of data-monitoring.
- Participate on conducting orientation session.
- Follow up construction and rehabilitation activities under self-help approach.
- Ensure safety and security standards of construction and rehabilitation activities.
- Ensure project visibility requirements and fulfilment.
- Perform any other tasks required by the PC.
- Ensure the engagement of all household members in the discussion of the rehabilitation plans.
- Civil engineering from accredited university with 2 years proven experience in filed works and liaison with local communities and beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of contract conditions, subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments.
- Professional knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD, MS Project, modelling software, GIS knowledge is a plus.
Education and Knowledge:
- At minimum a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from any reputed public university.
- Learned about the Minimum of Shelter sector.
- Knowing about the protection principles and gender mainstreaming.
- Learned about Inclusion People with Disabilities in Shelter interventions.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years practical working experience in civil construction and maintenance in national/ international, organization, CBOs, and Shelter stakeholders.
- Experience in civil construction and maintenance work under Shelter sector.
- At least one year of experience in similar projects (Shelter projects).
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis and reports writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, extremely motivated and exhibit sound judgment.
- Good reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- . Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with partners
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email:
indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is. Wednesday 21/09/2022 04:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address : Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St.,near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short listed candidates will contacted.