Youth Empowerment Center YEC was established to lead the civil society work in Palestine, as independent, social oriented and humanitarian organization, seeking to empower the community economically, socially, educationally and healthily in a way that enhances the youth roles and promotes their intellectual and cultural skills.
Job Title: Field Engineer: (2 posts)
Line Manager: Project Engineer
Duration: 8 months
Level of effort: full time job 100%. The working week is Saturday through Thursday
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Follow up the technical assessment for the needed maintenance/rehabilitation works;
- Follow up the daily field works, site inspection including supervising the works implemented either by people or contractors;
- Filling registers and forms according to the project procedures and guidelines;
- Helping in new projects identification, including field survey work, cost estimation, drafting concepts, indicators and maps;
- Participating in projects pre and post monitoring and evaluation, indicators verification, and achieving the project’s objectives and goals;
- Reporting and bookkeeping for all correspondences and related documents.
- BSc. Civil engineering from accredited university with 2 years proven experience in filed works and liaison with local communities and beneficiaries.
- Knowledge of contract conditions, subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments.
- Professional knowledge in MS office, AutoCAD, MS Project, water and wastewater modelling software, GIS knowledge is a plus.
Education and Knowledge:
- Learned about the Minimum of WASH sector.
- Knowing about the protection principles and gender mainstreaming.
- Learned about Inclusion People with Disabilities in WASH interventions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Experiences and Competencies:
- Minimum 2 years practical working experience in civil construction and maintenance in national/ international company, organization, CBOs, municipalities and WASH stakeholders.
- Experience in civil construction and maintenance work under WASH sector.
- At least one year of experience in similar projects (WASH projects).
- Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis and reports writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to operate under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, extremely motivated and exhibit sound judgment.
- Good reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Practices the principles of fair treatment and no harm.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems in the field with partners, local committees and beneficiaries.
- Understands time and cost implications of decisions and has the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues.
- very good writing skills, with proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Interacts effectively with colleagues and partners
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Identifies opportunities and builds strong relationships with partners
- Takes initiative and solves anticipated and real problems.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their CV’s and cover letter in English MS word document to the following email: [email protected] indicating the vacancy title as mail subject.
Deadline "Closing Date" is Sunday, 15/11/2020 – 12:00 PM
Youth Empowerment Center address: Gaza City,Ez Eldeen Alqasam St.,near Hamid Junction, Al-Loaloaa Building-1st Floor.Tel:08-2856624
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
YEC believes in equal opportunities for both gender