Report to: Regional Projects Manager, and Country Director.
EcoPeace Middle East is a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
Job Purpose: Project manager is responsible for the management, coordination and financial control of a project. Project manager will ensure that a project activity is completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone else is doing their job properly. Activities usually require a group of people to work together to achieve a set of specific objectives. Project manager oversees these to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
General Responsibilities include:
- Organizing the various staff working on a project - accomplishes human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieving operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Meeting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhancing organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Carrying out risk assessment
- Making sure that all the aims of the project are met
- Implement other tasks as requested by the Director
GWN Project Specific:
- Review GWN project documents and together with project staff, develop a detailed work plan.
- Working with field staff, decision makers at the local and national levels, donors, other environmental organizations, media, etc.
- Planning, coordination, logistics, and facilitation of cross border meetings between staff, decision makers, mayors, and adult residents.
- Planning, coordination, and production of regional conferences.
- Design reporting means and follow up on the Community Coordinators (Field Researchers) work and progress.
- Traveling to communities in Palestine, Jordan and Israel.
- Representing EcoPeace at conferences and presenting in front of audiences
- Supporting field staff through consultations, information gathering, and community visits
- Monitor the implementation of the project and able to deal with different donors’ funds.
- Developing relationship with relevant Ministries (PWA, MoLG, EQA, PENRA).
- Master degree in a relevant field in the area of WASH, civil or environmental engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in projects management, implementation and budgets monitoring related to water, and sanitation fields.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Fluently in English and Arabic (Spoken and written), Hebrew is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to work independently, handle a variety of concurrent activities, rank priorities, organize work efficiently, and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under time constraints;
- Ability to multi-task effectively as well as display professionalism and confidence.
- Proven record of managing staff.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the most effective use of staff, facilities, and resources to achieve successful project objectives.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to structure own work independently.
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently, and cope with stress.
- Ability to solve problem.
- Skill in document composition.
- Good knowledge of word processing and basic programs such as excel, power point and web browsing.
Interested applicants shall submit their applications via the Apply Now button below by the March 10th, 2018.
Applications will be processed in strict confidentiality, EcoPeace ME is committed to equal opportunities between male and female competitors.