Employer name Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC)
Duty Station Jericho
Position title Program Coordinator
Position Type Full time contract
Duration One year with possibility of extension
Expected starting date 1, March 2023
Good Shepherd Youth Club:
Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC) is a non-profit youth entity founded by a group of students and graduates from Terra Santa School, in cooperation with Custodia Terra Santa and the parish’s dignitaries in Jericho City during the year 1984, as to create and provide a safe space for the children, youth and families of the school and Jericho Governorate. In 2017 the club has succeeded in establishing and licensing the Good Shepherd Youth Cultural Center (GSYCC), to provide opportunities for children, youth and Jericho community through providing several educational, cultural and developmental activities and programs.
GSYC provides healthy and friendly environment allowing children and youth to realize their full capabilities and promote and advance their full participation in social, sport, cultural and educational activities as part of our social responsibility in providing activities to lead the community and youth empowerment.
Mercy Corps and International Youth Foundation (IYF) are implementing the 5-year USAID-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Youth Club as the regional partner for Jericho Governorate. Tailored to the Palestinian context, this holistic five-year program will support 50,000 adolescents with a menu of activities, opportunities for engagement and leadership, and resources to pursue their goals with hope for the future along peaceful and productive pathways. PYE will draw on a suite of proven and contextually tailored tools, over a decade of research-informed programming on the 10–19-year-old age group, the trust and credibility that comes from a combined 35+ years of continuous operational experience across the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem (WBG), and local partners with strong networks and youth programming experience throughout WBG. The program will reintegrate older adolescents (15–19-year-olds) into social and economic life by empowering them to successfully pursue their goals and prevent younger adolescents (10–14-year-olds) from becoming isolated and disconnected from social and economic opportunities.
PYE is designed to deliver a three-pronged, mutually reinforcing program segmented by gender and age across the targeted communities in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
- Core programming that supports, protects, prepares, and engages adolescents in safe spaces located within a strong network of community- based organizations (CBOs),
- Tailored packages of activities, resources, and referrals that will set youth on individually selected Pathways building on the core curriculum to increase opportunities for youth to effectively contribute to social and economic development, and
- Opportunities for sustained community engagement and leadership through youth- led pathways with a focus on innovation, and social entrepreneurship, community-based and social media awareness raising and social dialoguing campaigns, in addition to mentorship of youth as part of sustainable community- based youth networks.
General Position Summary:
The Program Coordinator will provide programmatic and administrative support to the GSYC team and network of local partners, donors and stakeholders. He/She will work closely with the Executive Director on all aspects of the GSYC projects, programs and activities and provide effective and efficient support to ensure smooth implementation. The Program Coordinator will assist in organizing and following up on various interventions, providing programmatic, administrative, and procurement support. In addition, the Program Coordinator will support in information gathering and reporting. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible to lead and supervise the team, and monitor all day to day tasks and responsibilities ensuring that the organization is performing well and implementing all projects and programs as planned and approved by the Executive Director and Board.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support the Executive Director in the planning, implementing and conducting of programs and activities, including engagement with relevant partners and other key stakeholders.
- Support in organizing training sessions, workshops, and field visits as required.
- Participate in implementing projects, programs and activities with effective day to day monitoring.
- Facilitate the procurement of goods/services including the preparation of purchase orders, participate in preparing the technical specifications and guidelines for bids and participate in the bidding committee.
- Assist the GSYC team in reviewing and preparing documentation on the procurement of goods and services, and support contract tracking.
- Manage the development of purchase requests for the GSYC activities using the stated internal systems of the organization and the donors’ regulations.
- Follow up on procurement activities with the GSYC & donors’ procurement and finance team.
- Provide any required support to the partners when planning and implementing program activities.
- Responsible for the preparation of the regular reports related to the progress of projects and programs activities.
- Facilitate field visits for all stakeholder as required.
- Manage the translation of success stories, documents, and official letters from English to Arabic and vice versa as required.
- Maintain and build strong relations with local partner organizations and institutions, including private sector, educational, and public-sector partners.
- Collect, analyze and report on projects’ activities to senior management and/or donors.
- Support, lead, motivate and inspire other team members.
- Ensure effective communications, visibility, and knowledge management within GYSC Team, donors, partners, beneficiaries, different stakeholders, and external audiences (e.g. localities, national).
- Performs with the support of the program assistant the process of data collection and data entry.
- Ensure that data collection, entry and analysis is as per GSYC M&E guidelines and donors’ guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure, through regular and full/random verification, that program staff collects accurate and precise data as per M&E guidelines and donors’ requirements
- Ensure that program staff provide sufficient and accurate supporting document for the reported figures and progress on indicators.
- As per agreed plan, conduct field visits, joint visit, spot visits and random checks for the implemented activities to ensure the quality and progress of the implementation as per the agreed plans.
- Ensure that programs baseline and end line surveys, post distribution monitoring forms, pre & post surveys as planned in the PMP are implemented timely and according to the MEL protocol.
- Supervise/Lead the implementation of data collection/entry of baseline, need assessments, evaluation, end-line, and post distribution monitoring in coordination with program staff.
- Regularly report any key issues of monitoring and evaluation to the Executive Director and MEL supervisors at PYE.
- Professional conduct in such a manner as to bring credit to GSYC and not to jeopardize its mission.
- Ensure all GSYC assets and recourses are well kept and utilized properly.
- Ensure that all GSYC premises are kept safe and in good conditions.
- Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good experience in working with youth projects or youth related development projects, child and adolescent development, or related field.
- Bachelor degree in English Literature and Translation, Business Administration, Information Management, Development Studies or any other related field.
- Experience working in West Bank or Gaza, and existing professional networks within organizations and civil society actors engaged in youth development in Palestine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inclusion principles, human rights, and equitable approaches for positive youth engagement and development.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic languages and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other national and international NGOs and donors, government entities, the general public and the media.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Experience contributing to effective curriculum planning, design, adaptation and development.
- Experience in project design, project management, and training and capacity building.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build effective working relationships with employers and stakeholders.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following in English Only:
- Cover letter.
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All the above documents should be sent no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of February 2023 to the following email address:
Email subject must hold the title “Program Coordinator”, otherwise emails that does not address the title in the subject will be disregarded. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.