Position Title: Center Manager
Reports to: Chairman of GSYC
Position Location: Jericho
About Good Shepherd Youth Club – Jericho.
Good Shepherd Youth Club - Jericho (GSYC) is a youth non-profit organization located in Jericho - Palestine. It was established and registered club since 1984, and consist of four different activities; sports, social, scouts and cultural. GSYC has a vast experience working with youth, and in 2014 the cultural section was enhanced along with IREX and emerged a new program called Youth Development Resources Center- Jericho (YDRC Jericho), whose vision is to "Promote and sustain youth leadership and civic engagement". Good Shepherd Youth Club - Jericho and through the Youth Development Resources Center, implements a partnership program with youth (PWY) program, in cooperation with IREX and funded by the USAID.
Summary of Position:
The manager is responsible and accountable for the overall management of the center program and for the successful delivery of the project outputs. This includes working with the board, instituting/improving internal systems, fundraising/resource mobilization (including income-generation activities such as the rooftop cafe and the cafeteria, networking and outreach, strategic planning).
Responsibilities Summary of
The Manager is responsible for providing leadership, oversight, technical support and expertise to the YDRC program. The manager will work closely with programs staff to ensure that all aspects of YDRC programs are assessed, developed, implemented and evaluated in accordance with the programs’ objectives and donors’ requirements. He will manage all activities and will report to and work closely with GSYC board members. Specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Enhance GSYC/ YDRC reputation and outreach capabilities
- Actively seek, maintain and develop partnerships with all public, private, donors and NGO -artners at the local, governorate, and national levels.
- Lead the GSYC/ YDRC’s efforts in fundraising and resource mobilization.
- Represent the GSYC/ YDRC at all events and activities develop communication and promotional initiatives within the YDRC scope and objectives.
- Improve the GSYC/ YDRC visibility, ensuring wide coverage of activities and events in the media.
- Supervision of all assigned staff and accomplishment of GSYC/ YDRC human resource objectives by recruiting process, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching,
counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Supervise and approve human resources record including timesheets, annual leaves, sick leaves and any other related report.
- Ensure compliance with GSYC/ YDRC administrative, financial and procurement policies and procedures.
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork under the guidance of the chairman.
- Prepare financial contracts, purchase orders, invoices... Etc. related to the center activities, as per the budget.
- Prepare periodic expenses and cash flows reports to GSYC/ YDRC Board.
- Prepare RFP’s, tenders and budgets.
- Plan and implement fundraising plans and activities.
- Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information.
- Maintain and execute fundraising strategies and activities.
-Establish, maintain and grow good relationship and networking with local community, private businesses and international donors to increase funding, including the development of an organizational fundraising plan.
- Identify and complete grant applications, write and finalize fundraising project proposals and maintain the related register and eligibility requirements, while ensuring the confidentiality of all the applications and information.
- Execute risk analyses and balance time-cost ratios to focus the effort on the most appropriate fundraising activities with the highest chance of success.
- Contributes to the overall success of the GSYC/ YDRC and its ability to provide programs to youth in the district.
- Oversee the utilization of positive youth development approach in designing and facilitating the implementation of youth activities.
- Ensure the provision of a safe, appropriate and enabling learning environment for youth to reach their potential.
- Oversee the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all GSYC/ YDRC programs and activities.
- Prepare programs implementation plans, scopes of work, contracts and agreements.
- Prepare technical specifications and bids guidelines and participate in bidding committees and provide a full and detailed analysis of offers.
- Professional conduct in such a manner as to bring credit to GSYC/ YDRC and not to jeopardize its mission.
- Ensure all GSYC/ YDRC assets and recourses are well kept and utilized properly.
- Ensure that all GSYC/ YDRC premises are kept safe and in good conditions.
Planning & Development
- Assist the Chairman and Board of Directors in setting goals, designing development programs and obtaining the necessary funding to implement the GSYC/ YDRC activities.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan in cooperation with the GSYC board and with full engagement of the youth in the district.
- Work with the GSYC board members to build the institutional capacity of the GSYC/ YDRC and ensure adequate management systems are in place.
- Updates job related knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Implement new or improve existing policies, processes, and procedures related to organizational and financial management of the GSYC/ YDRC.
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plan and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Communicate positive and constructive ideas for improving GSYC/ YDRC processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the GSYC chairman.
As the Center Manager will work full-time on-site at the Good Shepherd Youth Club in Jericho it is preferable for him/her to be from the same district in which the GSYC is located.
Assignment starting date will be as soon as possible.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter and names of three references to
By 10:00 PM on February 28th 2018. In the subject line please write the Center Manager.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.