Employer name Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC)
Duty Station Jericho
Position title Program Assistant
Position Type Full time contract
Duration One year with possibility of extension
Expected starting date 1, March 2023
Good Shepherd Youth Club:
Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC) is a non-profit youth entity founded by a group of students and graduates from Terra Santa School, in cooperation with Custodia Terra Santa and the parish’s dignitaries in Jericho City during the year 1984, as to create and provide a safe space for the children, youth and families of the school and Jericho Governorate. In 2017 the club has succeeded in establishing and licensing the Good Shepherd Youth Cultural Center (GSYCC), to provide opportunities for children, youth and Jericho community through providing several educational, cultural and developmental activities and programs.
GSYC provides healthy and friendly environment allowing children and youth to realize their full capabilities and promote and advance their full participation in social, sport, cultural and educational activities as part of our social responsibility in providing activities to lead the community and youth empowerment.
Mercy Corps and International Youth Foundation (IYF) are implementing the 5-year USAID-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Youth Club as the regional partner for Jericho Governorate. Tailored to the Palestinian context, this holistic five-year program will support 50,000 adolescents with a menu of activities, opportunities for engagement and leadership, and resources to pursue their goals with hope for the future along peaceful and productive pathways. PYE will draw on a suite of proven and contextually tailored tools, over a decade of research-informed programming on the 10–19-year-old age group, the trust and credibility that comes from a combined 35+ years of continuous operational experience across the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem (WBG), and local partners with strong networks and youth programming experience throughout WBG. The program will reintegrate older adolescents (15–19-year-olds) into social and economic life by empowering them to successfully pursue their goals and prevent younger adolescents (10–14-year-olds) from becoming isolated and disconnected from social and economic opportunities.
PYE is designed to deliver a three-pronged, mutually reinforcing program segmented by gender and age across the targeted communities in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
- Core programming that supports, protects, prepares, and engages adolescents in safe spaces located within a strong network of community- based organizations (CBOs),
- Tailored packages of activities, resources, and referrals that will set youth on individually selected Pathways building on the core curriculum to increase opportunities for youth to effectively contribute to social and economic development, and
- Opportunities for sustained community engagement and leadership through youth- led pathways with a focus on innovation, and social entrepreneurship, community-based and social media awareness raising and social dialoguing campaigns, in addition to mentorship of youth as part of sustainable community- based youth networks.
General Position Summary:
The Program Assistant will provide administrative, financial and HR support to the GSYC team. He/She will work closely with the Executive Director on all aspects of the GSYC projects, programs and activities and provide effective and efficient support to ensure smooth implementation.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Contribute to the budget spending levels as per GSYC and donors’ regulations and reporting deadlines.
- Assist and follow up with the Executive Director on submission of financial reports; help in verifying reported expenditures against submitted financial documents.
- Inform the Executive Director of all the correspondence and non-routine financial issues.
- Follow up on day-to-day financial accounting transactions and assist to effective and efficient functioning of the GSYC and donors’ projects.
- Provide administrative and financial support to the Executive Director, including but not limited to; preparing payments, follow up on expenditures and filing and keep her/him informed regarding budget expenditures and delivery status.
- Recording, codification and filing of all invoices and receipts of expenditures daily according to the GSYC and donors’ financial procedures.
- Encode financial transactions in financial system monthly and prepare bank conciliations on monthly basis.
- Arrange and archive financial documents regularly, ensure proper filing and make sure that they are in good order.
- Review expense claims and ensure that the Executive Director approval was obtained before sending payment documentation to the Treasurer.
- Management of daily, weekly and monthly closure of petty cash.
- Management of cash payments and cash documentation: receipts, invoices and all the documents involved in the justification of the expenditure.
- Fulfill the advances of cash for any activity.
- Prepare and submit the monthly Petty cash report for the Executive Director.
- Support in preparing the monthly salary database and support with monthly income tax preparation and payment.
- Carry out various administrative tasks (filing, archiving, follow-up of documents…) in order to guarantee efficient support to the Executive Director, colleagues, partners and donors.
- Support the full compliance of administrative activities with GSYC and donors’ rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Participate in bids opening for supplies, stationary, computers, etc. procured for GSYC or for implementing the projects’ activities, upon the request of Executive Director.
- Maintain the tracker for the procurement contracts with amounts due and payments made to date.
- Ensure keeping the staff files and database updated and archived on a monthly basis and in line with the GSYC guidelines and legislations.
- Following up on staff administrative issues like preparing contracts and salary slips.
- Follow-up on sick and annual leaves, update the attendance tracker, prepares a monthly report on holidays and share the leaves follow up table with the Executive Director.
- Prepare and submit all administrative, HR (sick leave, annual leave and etc.), financial, procurement documents for the Executive Director for approval and signature.
- Organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings and taking detailed minutes upon the request of the Executive Director.
- Order office supplies in coordination with the program coordinator, and upon the approval of the Executive Director.
- Professional conduct in such a manner as to bring credit to GSYC and not to jeopardize its mission.
- Ensure all GSYC assets and recourses are well kept and utilized properly.
- Ensure that all GSYC premises are kept safe and in good conditions.
- Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good experience in working in projects field.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other related field.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other national and international NGOs and donors, and government entities.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent skills using Financial systems and software.
- Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build effective working relationships with employers and stakeholders.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following in English Only:
- Cover letter.
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All the above documents should be sent no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of February 2023 to the following email address:
Email subject must hold the title “Program Assistant”, otherwise emails that does not address the title in the subject will be disregarded. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.