Employer name Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC)
Duty Station Jericho
Position title Cleaner
Position Type Full time contract
Duration One year with possibility of extension
Expected starting date 1, March 2023
Good Shepherd Youth Club:
Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC) is a non-profit youth entity founded by a group of students and graduates from Terra Santa School, in cooperation with Custodia Terra Santa and the parish’s dignitaries in Jericho City during the year 1984, as to create and provide a safe space for the children, youth and families of the school and Jericho Governorate. In 2017 the club has succeeded in establishing and licensing the Good Shepherd Youth Cultural Center (GSYCC), to provide opportunities for children, youth and Jericho community through providing several educational, cultural and developmental activities and programs.
GSYC provides healthy and friendly environment allowing children and youth to realize their full capabilities and promote and advance their full participation in social, sport, cultural and educational activities as part of our social responsibility in providing activities to lead the community and youth empowerment.
Mercy Corps and International Youth Foundation (IYF) are implementing the 5-year USAID-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Youth Club as the regional partner for Jericho Governorate. Tailored to the Palestinian context, this holistic five-year program will support 50,000 adolescents with a menu of activities, opportunities for engagement and leadership, and resources to pursue their goals with hope for the future along peaceful and productive pathways. PYE will draw on a suite of proven and contextually tailored tools, over a decade of research-informed programming on the 10–19-year-old age group, the trust and credibility that comes from a combined 35+ years of continuous operational experience across the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem (WBG), and local partners with strong networks and youth programming experience throughout WBG. The program will reintegrate older adolescents (15–19-year-olds) into social and economic life by empowering them to successfully pursue their goals and prevent younger adolescents (10–14-year-olds) from becoming isolated and disconnected from social and economic opportunities.
PYE is designed to deliver a three-pronged, mutually reinforcing program segmented by gender and age across the targeted communities in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
- Core programming that supports, protects, prepares, and engages adolescents in safe spaces located within a strong network of community- based organizations (CBOs),
- Tailored packages of activities, resources, and referrals that will set youth on individually selected Pathways building on the core curriculum to increase opportunities for youth to effectively contribute to social and economic development, and
- Opportunities for sustained community engagement and leadership through youth- led pathways with a focus on innovation, and social entrepreneurship, community-based and social media awareness raising and social dialoguing campaigns, in addition to mentorship of youth as part of sustainable community- based youth networks.
General Position Summary:
The Cleaner will provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the GSYC premises by ensuring deep cleaning of the offices, venues, classrooms, toilets and etc., and keeping all areas neat and tidy.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The cleaner works in close collaboration with all the staff, to ensure the cleanliness of the office.
- Perform cleaning, washing, sweeping, dusting, vacuum-cleaning and polishing as required to the premises clean and organized.
- Serve beverages and maintains kitchen equipment and area.
- Ensure meeting room is clean and tidy for meetings regularly.
- Provide hospitality for official meetings and special Representative meetings.
- Clean surfaces, including floors, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets and etc.
- Ensure removing the garbage bags from the offices, venues, classrooms, toilets and etc.
- Keep office rooms, cafeterias and toilets clean and hygienic.
- Maintain and clean all cleaning equipment utilized.
- Keep the building stairs clean and tidy.
- Adhering to the cleaner’s daily schedule set by the supervisor.
- Assist the Activities Coordinator in preparing list of cleaning supplies orders.
- Run errands for the office as required and based on supervisor request.
- Perform office premises preparations for the activities and programs in coordination with the Activity Coordinator.
- Ensure the timely watering of grading in the premises.
- Note: the incumbent shall be prepared to work flexible hours to accommodate office requirements, eg. Weekends and/or evenings.
- Professional conduct in such a manner as to bring credit to GSYC and not to jeopardize its mission.
- Ensure all GSYC assets and recourses are well kept and utilized properly.
- Ensure that all GSYC premises are kept safe and in good conditions.
- Any other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Primary education, secondary education is desirable.
- Minimum of two (2) years working in a related field.
- Fluency in Arabic written and spoken, good knowledge in English language is an asset.
- Essential communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good health and physical state.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following in English Only:
- Cover letter.
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All the above documents should be sent no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of February 2023 to the following email address:
Email subject must hold the title “Cleaner”, otherwise emails that does not address the title in the subject will be disregarded. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.