Position Title: Media Coordinator
Reports to: Center Manager/ GSYC Chairman
Position Location: Jericho About Good Shepherd Youth Club – Jericho.
Good Shepherd Youth Club - Jericho (GSYC) is a youth non-profit organization located in Jericho - Palestine. It was established and registered club since 1984, and consist of four different activities; sports, social, scouts and cultural. GSYC has a vast experience working with youth, and in 2014 the cultural section was enhanced along with IREX and emerged a new program called Youth Development Resources Center- Jericho (YDRC Jericho), whose vision is to "Promote and sustain youth leadership and civic engagement". Good Shepherd Youth Club - Jericho and through the Youth Development Resources Center, implements a partnership program with youth (PWY) program, in cooperation with IREX and funded by the USAID.
Summary of Position:
The media coordinator will assist the GSYC Chairman to effectively and efficiently develop, coordinate and evaluate media opportunities to support GSYC/ YDRC and its reputation. The coordinator is responsible for creating and delivering all media ideas and materials while ensuring its consistency with the mission and strategy of GSYC.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Overlook and manage the Media Center and social media pages.
- Ensure all the center's assets and recourses are well kept and utilized properly.
- Assist in developing and implementing the club’s media and communications strategy.
- Building partnership with local, national and international media outlets.
- Provide training in videography, photography and editing.
- Update and maintain website page.
- Create, deliver and optimize marketing materials including brochures, fundraising materials, presentations, advertisements, flyers, display boards, posters and new marketing tools needed by GSYC/ YDRC team.
- Produce promotional videos, articles, press releases, spots and short films.
- Keep track of social media trends.
- Create and maintain relevant social media accounts.
- Create full strategies and work to implement and activate online radio.
- Supervise media intern in coordination with Center Manager & IREX Media specialist.
- Take photos and record videos of all program activities and do the necessary editing.
- Produce and montage voice records and video documentaries related to media activities, GSYC- GSYCC/YDRC achievements and activities, social media and promotional materials.
- Professional technical knowledge in voice & video production.
- Works closely with key staff to increase GSYC/ YDRC visibility.
- Establish, manage, and coordinate activities of the GSYC/ YDRC Media club.
- Provide periodic updates to the Chairman/ Center Manager regarding media duties and opportunities.
- Prepare and submit relevant periodic media and communication progress reports, keeping the Chairman/ Center Manager aware of any issues that may impact the reputation and overall progress of the GSYC/ YDRC.
- Professional conduct in such a manner as to bring credit to GSYC/ YDRC and not to jeopardize its mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the GSYC Chairman/ Center Manager that contributes to the overall success of the GSYC/ YDRC and its ability to provide media activity to youth in the district. As the Media Coordinator will work full-time on-site at the Good Shepherd Youth Club in Jericho it is preferable for him/her to be from the same district in which the GSYC is located. Assignment starting date will be as soon as possible.
To apply please send your CV along with a cover letter and names of three references to
By 10:00 PM on February 28th 2018. In the subject line please write the Media Coordinator Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.