Employer name Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC)
Duty Station Jericho
Position title Activities Coordinator
Position Type Full time contract
Duration One year with possibility of extension
Expected starting date 1, March 2023
Good Shepherd Youth Club:
Good Shepherd Youth Club (GSYC) is a non-profit youth entity founded by a group of students and graduates from Terra Santa School, in cooperation with Custodia Terra Santa and the parish’s dignitaries in Jericho City during the year 1984, as to create and provide a safe space for the children, youth and families of the school and Jericho Governorate. In 2017 the club has succeeded in establishing and licensing the Good Shepherd Youth Cultural Center (GSYCC), to provide opportunities for children, youth and Jericho community through providing several educational, cultural and developmental activities and programs.
GSYC provides healthy and friendly environment allowing children and youth to realize their full capabilities and promote and advance their full participation in social, sport, cultural and educational activities as part of our social responsibility in providing activities to lead the community and youth empowerment.
Mercy Corps and International Youth Foundation (IYF) are implementing the 5-year USAID-funded Positive Youth Engagement (PYE) activity, in partnership with the Good Shepherd Youth Club as the regional partner for Jericho Governorate. Tailored to the Palestinian context, this holistic five-year program will support 50,000 adolescents with a menu of activities, opportunities for engagement and leadership, and resources to pursue their goals with hope for the future along peaceful and productive pathways. PYE will draw on a suite of proven and contextually tailored tools, over a decade of research-informed programming on the 10–19-year-old age group, the trust and credibility that comes from a combined 35+ years of continuous operational experience across the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem (WBG), and local partners with strong networks and youth programming experience throughout WBG. The program will reintegrate older adolescents (15–19-year-olds) into social and economic life by empowering them to successfully pursue their goals and prevent younger adolescents (10–14-year-olds) from becoming isolated and disconnected from social and economic opportunities.
PYE is designed to deliver a three-pronged, mutually reinforcing program segmented by gender and age across the targeted communities in the West Bank, Gaza, and East Jerusalem.
- Core programming that supports, protects, prepares, and engages adolescents in safe spaces located within a strong network of community- based organizations (CBOs),
- Tailored packages of activities, resources, and referrals that will set youth on individually selected Pathways building on the core curriculum to increase opportunities for youth to effectively contribute to social and economic development, and
- Opportunities for sustained community engagement and leadership through youth- led pathways with a focus on innovation, and social entrepreneurship, community-based and social media awareness raising and social dialoguing campaigns, in addition to mentorship of youth as part of sustainable community- based youth networks
General Position Summary:
The Activities Coordinator will assist in implementing all activities at the GSYC and will report to and work closely with the Executive Director/Program Coordinator. S/he will also receive support and coaching from PYE staff to ensure s/he will be able to introduce and manage new youth activities and training, and to supervise a team of trainers, volunteers, and youth interns. Specific duties will include:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate all youth activities including cultural, educational, support, outreach, etc.
- Assist with project implementation and resource mobilization.
- Assist GSYC staff, Interns and trainers in implementing youths’ activities, including scheduling and organizing training courses, workshops, conferences and outreach visits.
- Communicate with youth and youth organizations to determine their needs and interests.
- Effectively contribute to recruiting youth to participate in all GSYC programs’ training activities.
- Provide supervision to youth, demonstrate leadership skills, serve as a role model and involve youth in all activities.
- Serve as youth contact person.
- Create awareness of available activities by developing and implementing outreach programs.
- Arrange for suitable and safe learning environment for youth to excel.
- Ensure and supervise the daily operations of the activities.
- Guide/lead, implement, monitor, evaluate, adjust, and report all the different youth initiatives to the Program Coordinator/ Executive Director.
- Provide supervision to volunteer initiatives and thoughts to priorities and discuss with the Executive Director and Program Coordinator.
- Implement volunteer session to steer thoughts for the benefit and best of youth within the club and cultural center.
- Ensure the accurate and precise collection of data including attendance sheets, all pre and post surveys and forms as per the guidelines and donor requirements, and share them with the Program Coordinator.
- Assist the program coordinator in maintaining comprehensive project documentation, monitoring and evaluations reports as required.
- Maintain a Database of youth beneficiaries and a contact list of GYSC partners, to be shared with Executive Director/Program Coordinator.
- Provide logistical support for the GSYC programs, activities, workshops, trainings and meetings.
- Capture and share photo documentation for all key activities
- Ensure proper functioning and maintenance of the facilities and equipment.
- Professional conduct in such a manner as to bring credit to GSYC and not to jeopardize its mission.
- Ensure all GSYC assets and recourses are well kept and utilized properly.
- Ensure that all GSYC premises are kept safe and in good conditions.
- Any other assigned tasks by the Executive Director/Program Coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good experience in working with youth projects or youth related development projects, child and adolescent development, or related field.
- Bachelor degree in English Literature and Translation, Business Administration, Information Management, Development Studies or any other related field.
- Experience working in West Bank or Gaza, and existing professional networks within organizations and civil society actors engaged in youth development in Palestine.
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender inclusion principles, human rights, and equitable approaches for positive youth engagement and development.
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation, teamwork, and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral English and Arabic language and communication skills with a variety of audiences including businesses, other national and international NGOs and donors, government entities, the general public and the media.
- Ability to think innovatively.
- Experience contributing to effective curriculum planning, design, adaptation and development.
- Experience in project design, project management, and training and capacity building.
- Positive and professional attitude, including ability to work well in a team setting.
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure under pressure, prioritize work, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Excellent skills using technology and computer software, including but not limited to, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following in English Only:
- Cover letter.
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
All the above documents should be sent no later than 5:00 p.m. on the 24th of February 2023 to the following email address:
Email subject must hold the title “Activities Coordinator”, otherwise emails that does not address the title in the subject will be disregarded. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.