JUHOUD for Community and Rural Development is an independent non-governmental organization that is committed to supporting the community development in marginalized areas by promoting economic development, employability, civic and community engagement, and life-long learning and training using a participatory approach that emphasizes self-reliance and focuses on youth and women while fostering a sense of national and community belonging.
In order to support the programs team at Ramallah JUHOUD office, we are looking for:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 31th, 2019 before 12:00 am
Duty Station: Ramallah
Type of Contract: Full-time
Languages Required: English, Arabic
Duration of Assignment: 6 months (ps. Extension of the appointment is subject to extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds)
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
- Contribute to the preparation of the project’s operational plan,
- Recruitment of target groups in the project’s targeted areas,
- Manage the logistical framework and activities of the projects according to the action plan, and advice on procurement, tenders and payments,
- Build & manage close communication and relationships with main stakeholders, project partners, civil society organizations and officials in the target areas.
- Oversee and manage the day to day implementation of project activities in close collaboration with the project staff, as per set in the action plan.
- Prepare periodic narrative and analytical reports on the project activities and progress both in English and Arabic, in coordination with the project(s) manager,
- Coordination with and reporting to project manager,
- Support in the processes related to the assessment, planning, implementation, and follow
- Contribute to writing success stories, press releases, and other documents, as required,
- Organize for and participate in workshops and meetings, prepare reports accordingly, and follow up results with all concerned parties,
- Ensure effective internal monitoring of the project and compliance with donor's requirements.
- Collect and maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all activities and results,
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and lines of communication with relevant external stakeholders; liaise and coordinate activities closely with relevant CBOs, stakeholders, beneficiaries and team members,
- Keep project(s) records and materials archived and filed in an easily accessible, updated, and well-classified forms both electronically and/or in hard copies, where applicable (this include events files, records and materials) and verification in addition to reinforce monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures,
- Collect M&E requirements, support the analysis process.
- Coordinate the execution of project(s) activities/ sub-projects (including preparation of guidelines and application forms), due diligence, negotiations, administration, monitoring and closeout.
- Coordinate meetings with partners, beneficiaries or any relevant institutions or individuals.
- Contribute to project(s) planning to ensure high quality project delivery to meet the project goals on-time and on-budget; Precise follow-up on project implementation progress.
- In accordance with a monitoring plan, carry out and fully document project(s) activities, data gathering, and verification in addition to reinforce monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures.
- Prepare TORs/RFB for capacity building assignments and recruitments.
- Develop and regularly update the project(s) data bases.
- Assist in preparing proposals (concept notes/full proposals/bids) in coordination with the team for submission to donor agencies.
- Any other work-related tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in managing/ coordinating of activities related to youth and employment development sectors and work experience in NGO field.
- High skills to access to related information.
- Good interpersonal, communication and networking skills and the ability to work successfully with multiple external and internal stakeholders
- Good written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic
- High planning with attention to details, organizational skills and proper team management
- Ability to work under pressure and in a team environment cutting across multiple departments.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Holds a valid driving license. (It’s not a must)
The CV and a Cover Letter (not exceed one page) must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] no later than Thursday 31/10/2019 – Time: 12:00 am
Please indicate the Position Title in the email subject line. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.