JUHOUD for Community and Rural Development has received fund to support youth employment in Furniture sector with special focus on women. The project will mainly target Salfit, Nablus, Ramallah and Bethlehem areas. The project is built to secure employment commitments from employers and demand; that understands the market’s actual needs, including skills training, career guidance, internship and linking youth and women with employers that provide sustained jobs (not less than 6 months) in Furniture industry.
Accordingly, Juhoud for Community seeks to employ:
Title: Field Coordinator (2 positions)
Reports to: Project Manager
- One in Ramallah with frequent travel to: Bethlehem, Salfit and Nablus,
- One in Salfit with frequent travel to: Nablus and Ramallah,
Duration of Contract: 11 months with the possibility to extend based on fund availability and satisfactory performance
Closing Date for Applications: Thursday, June 10th, 2021 – Time: 12:00 pm
Start Date: July 2021
Functions/Key Results Expected/Responsibilities:
- Working on the project on a day-to-day basis, coordinate the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project document, including, as needed, supervision and guidance for technical partners and consultants with a view to achieving project results,
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of planned project activities,
- Working closely with the partner's team, contribute to develop the initial action plan, M&E plan, procurement plan
- Working closely with the staff for each activity, setting clear targets, deadlines, responsibilities and ensuring team coherence and motivation
- Coordination and building strong partnerships with the implementing technical partners, employers and relevant stakeholders;
- Monitor the progress of implementation of project activities and training schedules observing the work-plans and set deadlines;
- Manage and monitor project risks identified on the field, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log;
- Provide mentoring and special services as counseling for each trainee and when youth get employed,
- Ensure that gender equality is pursued in all project activities and reflected in work plans,
- Finalize the contractual agreements with implementing partners and beneficiaries,
- Closely monitor the implementation of each project activity, ensuring that all agreed standards/methodologies are respected, and targets are met. When challenges/needs for revisions are individuated, timely informing Project Manager.
- Identify opportunities for deepening the cooperation and recommending adequate approaches to dealing with different employers and stakeholders based on information on all relevant stakeholders gathered during projects’ implementation,
- Build effective linkages with the potential employers and stakeholders through periodic visits and communication,
- Prepare periodic narrative and analytical reports (progress against planned activities, update on risks issues, …) and ensure timely submission of the reports to the relevant instances,
- Contribute to writing success stories, press releases, and other documents, as required.
- Organize for and participate in workshops and meetings, prepare reports accordingly, and follow up results with all concerned parties.
- Ensure effective internal monitoring of the project and compliance with donor's requirements.
- Collect and maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all activities and results.
- Filing and documentation of all project's related documents.
- Responsible to collect M&E requirements (database of beneficiaries, attendance registers, surveys, monthly plans, time sheets, meeting minutes, narrative reports etc,).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisors
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field.
- At least 3 years of proven experience in coordination of activities related to youth and employment development sectors. (Knowledge and/or experience in TVET and education projects is preferable)
- Good knowledge about the furniture sector, strong relationship with employers, VTC centers, and have certain skills and capacities to deal with youth,
- Ability to engage employers and stakeholders and forge productive working relationships,
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build effective working relationships with employers and stakeholders,
- Proven writing skills to prepare quality and analytical reports in English & Arabic,
- Ability to frequent travel as needed to target locations,
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills,
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Social Media channels, ads, promotion, Knowledge of website management systems,
- Ability to handle multi-tasks in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to frequent travel as needed to target locations and meeting with different stakeholders,
- Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed,
The CV and a Cover Letter (not exceed one page) must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] no later than Thursday 10/06/2021 - Time: 12:00 PM.
Please indicate the Position Title and Area in the email subject line. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.