EcoPalestine Charitable Society for Environmental and Water Projects is non-governmental organization registered in the Palestinian Ministry of Interior. EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage and create the conditions for sustainable development and peace in our region (see this video). An award-winning trailblazer in the field of environmental peacebuilding, EcoPeace has some 50 staff members in three offices in Tel Aviv, Amman and Ramallah
ROLE SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
EcoPalestine is currently recruiting a Program Manager to join our team in Ramallah Office. He/she will manage key projects to achieve defined objectives and outcomes.
Report to: Regional Projects Manager and Country Director.
Duration: One years with the possibility of Extension
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Lead day-to-day management of projects
- Lead implementation of EcoPeace national and regional vision on the Water Energy Nexus and Jordan Valley Regional Master Plan.
- Leading the Jordan Valley investments track in the water, energy, sanitation and agro-tech sectors in Palestine in close collaboration with the Regional Investment Manager.
- Monitor and ensure program plans are delivered within budget on time, and meet the objectives listed in project proposals.
- In coordination with the financial manager, forecast requirements, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and propose corrective actions
- Develop and maintain relations with stakeholders relevant to programs, liaise with private sector investors and consultants.
- Maintain ongoing coordination and communication with program managers in Amman and Tel Aviv; ensure project team members are fully coordinated with each other and with regional counterparts.
- Submit quarterly reports and contribute to project proposals, donor reports and strategic plans; work with resource development officer and M&E officer to develop and monitor targets.
- Conduct any other task as requested by the Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in a similar position (level).
- Proven experience managing internationally funded development projects
- Proven experience in projects in/with the private sector, particularly in the renewable energy and water sectors.
- High-level English and Arabic; excellent writing skills in English
- Multitasking and organizational skills, ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks professionally
- Able to assess what needs to be done, solve problems, and deliver independently
- Good interpersonal skills, able to motivate staff and foster team spirit
- Eye for detail and commitment to excellence
- Creativity, enthusiasm and “can do” attitude
- Experience working in a multi-cultural, regional/international environment is an advantage
To apply send your CV and cover letter relating to your motivation for the position and your relevant background qualifications to the email: [email protected] specifying the name of the position.
Deadline to receive application no later than 11 September 2019 at 16:00 pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.