VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT / GAZA SUB-DELEGATION
Mental Health & Psychosocial Support / fixed term contract (3 months)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
Your Job (specific and general activities)
- Implements and monitors technically and operationally the activities of the psychosocial activities at the ICRC Surgical Project.
- Works closely with the Health Delegate (HD) assigned to Psychosocial / Mental Health Programs;
- Assists with all operational activities (workshop organization, organize field trips, monitor expenditure and administration formalities, monitor and keep record of activities implementation);
- Documents, analyses and evaluates the collected information from any monitoring activities;
- Ensures proper documentation of the project including regular reporting of meetings, workshops and project progress as requested by the Health Delegate;
- Translates/Interprets accurately from English to Arabic (and vice versa) the external reports from the partners and facilitators as well as the formal and informal meeting minutes.
- Assists in developing and establishing a monitoring and evaluation system of MHPSS activities.
- Assists in developing, organising and delivering training modules and implementation of MHPSS capacity building of staff.
Your Profile (skills & experience required)
- University degree or professional diploma (Psychology, Social Work, Counselling, Mental Health and with relevant MHPSS field experience). Post-Graduation or specialization in the MHPSS field is desirable.
- 3 - 5 year work experience in a similar field mentioned above preferably with NGOs and INGOs.
- Experience, good network and understanding of the MHPSS field in Gaza.
- Experience in providing structured psychological support to victims of violence (e.g. clinical work, counselling, psychotherapy, psycho-education, GBV, psychological first aid, group support session, etc.)
- Desirable experience in providing psychological support to persons with disabilities and war wounded, rescuers and “front line” workers. Experience in providing clinical supervision is highly desirable.
- Training experiences in developing and delivering MHPSS capacity building projects (desirable)
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Very good computer skills (word required, excel desirable).
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates
Please send your applications by email to [email protected], indicating in the subject line: "GAZ Mental Health & Psychosocial Support – Application – Your name".
Deadline to send your application December 14th 2018
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
NOTE: *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
* Complete CV’s will be kept within the ICRC archive for one year only
* The ICRC strongly encourages individuals with disability who fulfil the basic requirements to apply
ICRC Gaza Sub Delegation, Al-Rimal Shuhada St. 56/706, Gaza, Tel: 08-2822644 / Fax: 08-2828884