Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
EcoPalestine is the Palsetinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
Develop KPI’s, monitoring approach and a detailed M&E strategy and work plan that integrates all sources of data; processing and analysis of project implementation data; reporting to project management with recommendations to support EcoPeace ME in programme design and activities planning on national and regional levels.
DPO responsibilities: developing and implementing policies and processes for handling personal data collected on/from project participants; fostering a data protection culture among staff; alerting management to any risks that might arise with regard to personal data.
- Design and support the implementation of the programme monitoring system, including the setup of relevant KPIs.
- Plan and manage project/programme baselines, evaluations and reviews to meet donor and organisational requirements.
- Review the organizations’ programmes MEAL plans, ensure that plans are being implemented, improve on the existing plans as necessary.
- Work closely with the Regional Projects Manger and Programme Managers in Ramallah, Amman and Tel Aviv to implement the programme monitoring system to follow on programme targets and KPIs.
- Work closely with the Regional Gender Officer to ensure that all MEAL processes, methodologies and tools are inclusive to gender issues.
- Oversee process and quality of field data collection, conduct accordingly required data management and analysis.
- Prepare monitoring reports and Tracking Table (ITT) based on and share with Operations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure mechanisms are established to identify, document, and share function lessons learned
- Work closely with the Regional Reporting Officer to consolidate collected MEAL data and information (qualitative and quantitative) into the periodical project reports.
- Work closely with Regional Resource Development Director to develop required input for proposal with regards of targets, KPIs and needed resources to achieve them based on experience and analysis to previous observations.
- Design and coordinate with programme managers conducting qualitative appraisals and evaluation of conducted activities and events. Establish and review a feedback/complaint mechanism of conducted activities and events.
- Any other duties and responsibilities which be assigned by direct supervisor
Capacity Building for EcoPalestine/Ecopeace ME Staff and Partners
- Facilitate capacity building process of EcoPeace staff and partners on knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for effective MEAL through training and coaching.
- Provide high-quality advice to programme managers and staff as required.
- Train project teams on using analysed data to inform program quality control, document lessons learnt and future project development.
Coordination and Networking
- Ensure proper coordination and streamlining of information between EcoPeace ME offices.
- Ensure that the organization’s MEAL system is linked to wider regional perspective, building on national developments and interventions.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in relevant area (e.g. development, social sciences, statistics).
- At least 3 years’ experience of work in multi-sectoral humanitarian and development
- Proven experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning, including participatory approaches and RBM.
- Well-developed conceptual, critical, analytical thinking and planning skills
- Have the capacity to understand and analyze national, regional, and local politics, and the creativity and analytical capacity.
- Experience in and the ability to facilitate training at different levels
- Bilingual, proficiency in English.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems with high level of computer literacy, word
processing and spreadsheet/Excel skills. Experience with statistical packages or other relevant information and data management applications is an added advantage.
- Ability and willingness to undertake travel in the region.
- Strong commitment to the aims and objectives of EcoPalestine/EcoPeace ME
Interested applicants shall submit their CV's, cover letters, expected Salary and three references to be sent by email for [email protected] , make sure to add in subject the Job Title you’re applying for.
Deadline to receive application no later than 30 September 2018 at 16:00 pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.