VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT / GAZA SUB-DELEGATION
Health Field Officer/Translator / fixed term contract (3 months)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
Your Job (specific and general activities)
- Interprets for the Health team in the hospital during their daily activities.
- Support the team with administrative tasks.
- Interprets as and when it is required during meetings and accurately translates basic written documents to/from Arabic and other local languages to/from English.
- Actively participates in the collection and compiling of information including monthly statistics; assists in the organization of the equipment and stocks.
- Supports the team at the medical warehouse.
- Presents and explains ICRC mandate and activities to a variety of health interlocutors.
- Represents the institution in an appropriate way during activities within the hospital and field and during meetings.
- Has a good knowledge of the local Health structure and is able to continue to develop relations with local interlocutors.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Your Profile (skills & experience required)
- University degree or professional diploma (Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant health profession).
- Experience in translation from English to Arabic and Arabic to English, both oral and written.
- 3 - 5 year work experience in a similar field mentioned above preferably with NGOs and INGOs.
- Very good computer skills (word required, excel desirable).
Interested candidates fulfilling the above criteria should send the following:
- A letter of motivation in English
- A detailed C.V. in English
- Copy only of the highest academic degree obtained + work certificates
Please send your applications by email to [email protected]g, indicating in the subject line: "GAZ Health Field Officer/Translator – Application – Your name".
Deadline to send your application December 14th 2018
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
NOTE: *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
* Complete CV’s will be kept within the ICRC archive for one year only
* The ICRC strongly encourages individuals with disability who fulfil the basic requirements to apply
ICRC Gaza Sub Delegation, Al-Rimal Shuhada St. 56/706, Gaza, Tel: 08-2822644 / Fax: 08-2828884