Health Field Officer/ Translator / Fixed term contract
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. It takes action in response to emergencies and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law and its implementation in national law.
Your Job (specific and general activities)
- Works closely with the Health Delegate running the ICRC Hospital Project based in Al Shifa Hospital;
- Works closely with and provides support to the ICRC Health team including, Translation, Interpretations and Communication with patients and health community and Interlocutors.
- Translates/Interprets accurately from English to Arabic (and vice versa) the external reports from the partners and facilitators as well as the formal and informal meeting minutes.
- Documents, analyses and evaluates the collected information including monthly statistics and the organizational of the equipment and stocks in the Hospitals;
- Ensures proper documentation of the project including regular reporting of meetings, workshops and project progress;
- Liaises with ICRC Health team regarding cases within the Hospitals that fall under the ICRC activities of tracings, Protection and Assistance.
- Assists in developing and establishing a monitoring and evaluation system of ICRC Health activities in Gaza.
Your Profile (skills & experience required)
- University degree or Professional Diploma, Health background with some clinical knowledge is desirable.
- 3 - 5 year work experience in a similar field mentioned above preferably with NGOs and INGOs.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (both oral and written), good knowledge of local languages.
- Preferred, good knowledge and understanding of the Local Health field in Gaza.
- Very good computer skills (word required, excel desirable).
- Ability to work independently, to cope with stressful situations.
- Ability to work for long hours with ICRC Health team.
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter and a résumé/CV, both in English, a personal passport size photo and any relevant diplomas and certificates to the ICRC by HAND only to:
ICRC Gaza Sub Delegation, Al-Rimal Shuhada St. 56/706, Gaza, Tel: 08-2822644 / Fax: 08-2828884
Attn. Caroline SAK, Administrator
Deadline to submit your application: 20 June 2018, 4 pm
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
NOTE: *Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
* Complete CV’s will be kept within the ICRC archive for one year only
* The ICRC strongly encourages individuals with disability who fulfil the basic requirements to apply