SUMMARY OF PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Director, the External Affairs Officer is expected to advance EcoPeace Middle East organization's objectives at large by liaising with national decision makers and relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in developing and implementing comprehensive outreach strategies that support the mission and objectives of EcoPeace ME.
- Conducting effective networking and communications with government officials, NGOs, international institutions and business groups.
- Maintain up-to-date analysis of the external context, including mapping and database of stakeholders, potential donors and funding opportunities that are relevant to EcoPeace ME mission and objectives.
- Review of national and regional events with implications for the strategic positioning of the organization, including but not limited to developments in the field of WASH, as well as the larger context of political developments.
- Support the Director and other staff members in developing work mechanisms and outreach strategies.
- Undertakes research as required for strategic inputs to technical papers and policy briefs in relation to aspects of water and sanitation, environmental and socio-economic development on a national and regional level.
- Provide support in preparation for national and regional conferences and events.
- Maintaining a calendar of key dates for internal and external significant events and anniversaries.
- Represent EcoPeace_ED in national forums, committees, and events as assigned by the Director.
- Work closely with the Communications and Media Officer to complete relevant reports and communication as needed.
- Implement other tasks as requested by the Director.
Project Specific Duties:
- Review all projects of the organization to identify where relations with private, public, and civil society officials are important for successful project implementation.
- Assist the Director, with the support of Project Managers, in arranging and preparing all necessary project documents, copies, charts to present to the relevant governmental institutions.
- Follow up on obtaining required support letters and approvals on projects from the relevant authorities.
- Support the director in identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with relevant departments within the relevant ministries including PWA, Ministry of Agriculture, EQA, PENRA, as well as engaging with local councils and municipalities.
- Provide professional support and advice in relation to progress and implementation of projects to gain the cooperation of private, public, and civil society officials and improve the organization’s visibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA Degree in Social Sciences, Media, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, International Relations and Development, or any other related fields. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of solid experience in the field of outreach and institutional relations
- Proven experience in providing strategic analysis and policy advice within complex organizational settings.
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages with excellent oral and writing skills, Hebrew is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organization, planning, communication and follow-up skills.
- Ability to handle multi-tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to draft documents on short notice.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including writing strategies, briefing papers, concept notes, and presentations, etc. with the ability to synthesize messages to diverse audiences, both in Arabic and English.
- Experience in event planning and management.
- Team player, displaying cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability, with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Experience in the WASH sector and advocacy work.
- Experience in advocacy, marketing, fundraising or related field.
- Political awareness and interest in the analysis of political developments.
- Analytical strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Discretion and sound judgment in applying expertise to highly complex and/or sensitive issues.
- Strong diplomacy skills.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their updated CV to
No later than Monday, Jan 15th, 2018
Applications will be processed in strict confidentiality, EcoPeace ME is committed to equal opportunities between male and female competitors.