EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
ROLE SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
To support mainly the Palestinian Director of EcoPeace Middle East, specifically in nurturing relations with people of interest and daily management of meetings and correspondence.
Report to Palestinian Country Director.
Duration One year with the possibility of extension
Work Station: Position based in EcoPalestine / EcoPeace ME Office – Ramallah, Palestine
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Supporting VIP/ donor relations and networking
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Director: screening correspondence and phone calls, determining and implementing actions required and, where appropriate, replying on behalf of the Director.
- Calendar management: scheduling meetings locally and abroad, planning trips abroad including travel logistics.
- Preparing and following up on meetings (briefings, agendas, presentations, and materials).
- Assist in writing and editing reports, concept notes and proposals
- Coordinating board and staff meetings.
- Undertaking preparatory duties for conferences and events.
- Taking meeting minutes and preparing letters as requested.
- Managing CRM/ contacts databases.
- Generating, receiving, and maintaining confidential and sensitive files, information and reports, and ensuring the security of files
- Any other tasks where applicable
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, English, or any related field
- Experience in a similar or related position and proven experience in administration
- Experience with multinational organizations focused on development areas
- Proficient in MS Office, Internet, and Email ( Gmail, Outlook)
- Well demonstrated interest and strong willingness to learn about the working area of EcoPeace
- Polished communications skills – both verbal and written in both English and Arabic (Native English level is a must)
- Multitasking and organizational skills, ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks professionally
- Able to assess what needs to be done and deliver independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Willingness to work unconventional hours and be available for travel
Interested applicants should submit the following documents by the end of 10 January 2021 to: [email protected]
- Cover letter relating to your motivation for the position and your relevant background qualifications in Arabic and English.
- Three References with their Contact information – Phone Number and Email
Please make sure to specify the name of the position in the subject