With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of the position of Environment Specialist for a GAC-funded project that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and youth in the West Bank. Based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the Team Leader (coordinating with the International Environment Adviser), the Environment Specialist will be engaged on the project as a part-time employee to lead and provide technical guidance to the team in ensuring the consideration and application of gender mainstreaming in all planning, budgeting, implementation, reporting and knowledge management activities.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master’s Degree in environmental science, climate change or other relevant field of study.
- Five (5) years of progressive responsibility conducting environment analysis and management plans into integration of development interventions in low-income or lower middle ncome countries;
- Five (5) years of experience working with government and community stakeholders to communicate the uses of environmental management and climate-smart practices for meeting development objectives.
- Experience facilitating participation of marginalized groups (i.e. women and low-income) and strengthening their voice and input in community initiatives; and
- Practical experience working in a similar capacity in GAC-funded projects and knowledge of the RBM tools would be assets.
- Fluency in English and outstanding verbal and written communication skills, particularly within a diverse cultural context;
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental management and development issues in the West Bank, particularly in the areas of women’s economic empowerment;
- Ability to deal with complex and sometimes stressful situations, while maintaining a professional and solutions-oriented attitude; and
- Ability to use Microsoft Office.
- Act as the principle resource on environment and climate change issues, practices and policies relevant to the project;
- Undertake a comprehensive environment analysis during the inception period, with the assistance of the International Environment Adviser, and develop environment management plans for each project value chain;
- Provide input into all key project documents including the Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) and Project Implementation Plan (PIP) to ensure gender is mainstreamed across the project as a whole;
- Contribute input to all project work planning and reporting processes from an environment and climate change perspective;
- Provide direction for the implementation and quality control of the environment analysis, regularly updating it as the project needs and context evolve;
- Liaise regularly with other staff and project partners in monitoring progress towards achievement of desired gender results;
- Document lessons learned and good practices regarding environment and climate change mitigation and management for dissemination;
- Strengthen implementing organizations’ and partners’ environmental management knowledge, skills and capacity with training and tools; and
- Provide training and advice to the West Bank-based staff and consultants to support effective implementation of the project’s Environment strategy.
All applications for the position of Environment Specialist are to be submitted through our Career Portal
Please click on Apply Now - تقدم لهذه الوظيفة الآن
Candidates are encouraged to apply before May 7, 2018. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.