Education Project Coordinator – Young Professional
EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
The Education Project Coordinator – Young Professional is responsible for developing, managing, and implementing EcoPeace’s educational components. The focus of this role in the organization lies on the educational projects aimed at Young Professionals, mainly the Water Diplomacy Track.
The Education Project Coordinator – Young Professional will be working closely with and reporting to EcoPalestine’s Projects Manager on issues of strategizing and managing the educational program. Besides logistical and administrative tasks, the job entails the implementation of educational activities, such as conducting national and regional workshops, educational tours, participants’ recruitment, etc. The jobholder works cooperatively with his/her regional counterparts regarding the development and preparation of the training workshops and activities.
Management, leadership, and communication skills are crucially required (for successful execution of the various tasks this job entails).
One year with the possibility of extension
Position based in EcoPalestine / EcoPeace ME Office – Ramallah, Palestine
Reporting to: Projects Manager
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordinating the young professional national and regional education activities, including organizing, facilitating, and implementing according to the strategy of the organization.
- Contributing and assisting in the development of the training material content.
- Preparing criteria for the selection of participants.
- Facilitate, and prepare presentations, training material, and other needed tasks for national and cross-border activities.
- Assisting in the management of the project activities and ensuring that these activities are completed on time and that the objectives are met.
- Participating in and contributing effectively to all educational events.
- Collecting and maintaining relevant data for M&E purposes
- Maintaining contact with participants for possible further involvement in EcoPeace’s various educational programs and alumni events
- Participating in the monitoring of the implementation and evaluation of the national and regional activities
- Assisting in the planning and organizing of neighbour path tours
- Report on the progress of the project.
- Assisting in the preparation of budget and planning.
- Present EcoPeace and the program at local and regional events.
- Any other duties assigned by the line management and/or the director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualification & Experience:
- University degree in Environmental Education, Environmental Science, Water Science, Water Engineering, Social sciences, Education, or any other relevant fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience related to position professional development.
- Good computer skills in programs including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and technical writing ability in English, including report writing.
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging working environment.
- Ability to work effectively with team and other people, individually and as a member of a team.
- Good administrative skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership skills.
- Experience with international organizations, multi-national set-up is a plus
- Experience in USAID projects is an added value
Eligible candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with subject line Education Project coordinator Please include the following in your submission package:
- Cover Letter.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
All applications will be treated with confidentiality, and only short listed candidates will be called in for an interview
Deadline for accepting applications is July 24th, 2022