Number of Positions: Four (4), one in each of the following areas (watersheds):
Wadi Abu Nar - Tulkarem
Wadi Zomer Area – Tulkarem
Wadi Qana – Salfit
Wadi Qelt and Wadi Auja – Jericho / Jordan Valley
General Description: The Good Water Neighbors (GWN) Project is a community project held in 11 Jordanian, Israeli and Palestinian cross-border watersheds. The project aims to raise awareness and promote cross-border environmental cooperation between Palestine, Jordan, and Israel.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Building and leading a youth group "water trustees" within the watershed communities according to the Good Water Neighbors educational program.
- Planning and coordinating national in-school activities on topics related to water, sanitation, hygiene, solid waste, and other relevant activities to the natural environment.
- Conducting need assessments to water and sanitation facilities and proposing needed rehabilitation and interventions, including cost estimation.
- Planning and coordinating cross-border meetings for youth from the watershed with representatives of the neighboring community.
- Maximize youth understanding of water, sanitation, and environmental issues in relevant to local, national, and regional perspectives.
- Coordinate with the GWN Education Project Coordinator in conducting youth component activities within the watershed.
- Cooperate with Community Coordinators from other watersheds (including those across the border) on exchanging experiences and brainstorming ideas on project activities
- Assist the GWN Education Project Coordinator in designing the overall objective and integrated activities in relation to the GWN youth component.
- Work closely with the GWN Adults Project Coordinator on collecting information on water, sanitation, and environmental issues within the targeted community, including planning and conducting activities of GWN as described below.
- Establishing the watershed forums of the Good Water Neighbors’ Program.
- Coordinating and cooperating with counterparts between the three EcoPeace ME offices in promoting projects to prevent the pollution of water sources especially with the other community coordinator in the watershed.
- Working together with decision makers, local and municipal representatives and residents.
- Promote EcoPeace ME’s network of stakeholders in the targeted watershed.
- Planning and coordinating cross-border meetings, site visits, watershed fairs, and other activities for relevant stakeholders from the watershed with representatives of the neighboring Palestinian/Jordanian /Israeli community.
- Representing the organization in front of different audiences with regards to the Good Water Neighbors program.
- Assisting other staff as needed in preparation for large events, conferences, etc.
- Helping in arranging meetings with stakeholders within the community, including public institutions and others working in the sectors of agriculture, industry, youth, gender…etc.
The Community Coordinator is expected to:
- Promote the organization’s mission and vision.
- Arrange for events efficiently and professionally in a timely manner.
- Report monthly on the progress of implementation of project activities in the field.
- Facilitate local logistics arrangements in coordination with the relevant local stakeholders for the implementation of the project activities.
- Arrange and give tours for delegations, including groups from foreign countries.
- Implement other tasks as requested by the Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
For residents of Tulkarem, Salfit, and Jericho governorates, with good knowledge of issues related to water and environment in the relevant watershed.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science/Engineering, sustainable development, or similar field. Masters degree is a plus.
- 3 years of professional experience in relevant field, with previous experience working closely with local municipalities.
- Proven record of community work and networking within the watershed.
- Experience in working/volunteering with youth groups and activities.
- Proven experience in report writing.
- Good command of English language. Hebrew is a plus.
- Good literacy of computer skills.
Required Personal Characteristics
- Advanced communication, and presentations skills, particularly in the English language.
- Ability to convey technical knowledge and concepts to children and youth.
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results.
- Ability to work under pressure, and occasionally during weekends.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability, with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their updated CV indicating the watershed in the email subject title, to:
No later than Monday, Jan 15, 2018
Applications will be processed in strict confidentiality, EcoPeace ME is committed to equal opportunities between male and female competitors.