Masar Ibrahim Al Khalil (MIAK) is a non-profit community-based tourism union that delineates, and develops Masar Ibrahim in and around different Palestinian localities. The organization endorses cultural diversity and exchange, safeguards tradition and heritage, inspires storytelling and encourages friendships based on the advancement of human values and the preservation of the surrounding environment and the people’s needs for further growth and education. MIAK works closely and jointly with local communities to cultivate their resources, capacities and the opportunity for a better life.
Agents of Change is a project funded by European Union through the Danish Church Aid (DCA) targeting East Jerusalem Youth. The project is based on introducing Resilience and Tourism as a community-led intervention that will contribute to the overall objective: “The development of resilient communities in East and northwest of Jerusalem to be able to withstand shocks and mitigate protection threats while preserving the Palestinian character of the areas”. An important element is the focus on community-based tourism as a mechanism to respond to challenges the community face. Targeted communities in this project will be: Old city of Jerusalem; At Tur, Ezaryah- East Jerusalem AND Biddou, Qbeiba, Beit Anan, Beit doqqu, Beit Sourik- Northwest of Jerusalem.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of MIAK’s communication & Marketing strategy and plans.
- Represent and present MIAK one public meetings where press releases are needed.
- Put together/ create all kinds of promotional materials including brochures, booklets, panels, electronic media platforms… etc.
- Manage and monitor the utilization of funds earmarked for use for communication purposes.
- Co-ordinate communication and marketing of activities with unit heads and senior management team public Advocacy.
- Maintain an effective relationship with communication officials in other NGOs, relevant government ministries and collaborates with them as appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the launching of publications (Annual Report, press releases). Support public outreach initiatives.
- Disseminate press releases, success stories and key policy messages to journalist’s representatives of the media with whom solid partnerships should be sought.
- Support fundraising and reporting efforts.
- Actively manage the social media and website channels of MIAK.
- Establish a database for the new communities.
- Document every activity by filming and taking pictures.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Maintain records of media coverage and data collection
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge of: principles and techniques of supervision, procurement, personnel development, event planning, audio-visual systems and other equipment and practices typical to the project; word processing, Excel, MS-Project.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must have driving license.
- Frequent travel as needed, to provide media coverage and documentation.
- Must be available to work with varied schedules including extensive afternoons and weekends as needed.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, development, management, or a related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Communication or marketing with local and International Organizations.
- Experience with Media a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and Arabic.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong consultative communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience in not for profit management, governance, and community relations.
- Knowledge and high ability to use MS Office programs.
- Knowledge of media editing software such as Photoshop and others.
- For more details and application form, please click on the following link and fill the Job Application Form: forms.gle/KzkJ9Wbp5SQueifs5
- After filling the Job Application Form please send your CV and Cover Letter in English by email to: hr[at]masaribrahim[dot]ps
- The Subject of the email should be Communications Officer.
- Deadline: Sunday, September 1, 2019
- Without filling the Job Application Form and sending the CV and Cover Letter, the application will NOT be considered.
- Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements or those that will be received after the closing date will NOT be considered.
- Only short-listed will be contacted.