The communications and content development officer will be responsible for crafting written communication responsible for maintaining the image of the organization, gaining publicity and disseminating the story of EcoPeace and attract the attention of current and future partners. He / She will create information for digital posts, newsletters, social media, partners and beneficiary’s communication, brochures and promotional materials, press releases and other publication projects.
- Develop, implement and evaluate EcoPeace media strategy in consultation with the Directors
- Develop proactive media opportunities in consultation with EcoPeace programs
- Review all projects of the organization to identify and develop plans for media and social media campaigns (written and visual) either as part of project plans or as important for successful project implementation.
- Collaborate with the team to produce polished, attention-grabbing communication content for internal and external messaging including blog posts, newsletters, email campaigns, digital ads and social media posts.
- Produces written content for promotional materials (English and Arabic).
- Write and distribute media releases and op-eds for printed and digital press (English and Arabic).
- Research Environmental news and other materials for content ideas
Track analytic progress of written posts and email campaigns, use results to make adjustments to reach optimal performance.
- Writes press release content to distribute online.
- Maintaining and updating a database of media contacts. Furthering good relations with key journalists, particularly environment and education correspondents.
- On-going media monitoring and advising appropriate staff of relevant stories.
- Take responsibility to lead all social media efforts (in English and Arabic): Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc, as well as the Arabic Website of the organization.
- Support the preparation of the organization's newsletters.
- Building Success stories and publish it in agreement with the director.
- Implement other tasks as requested by the Director.
- Assisting other staff as needed in preparation for large events, conferences, etc.
- The media different channels and tools to be considered locally, regionally and internationally.
Visual and Audio Content Development:
- Collaborate with the team to establish an understanding of audio and visual material that need to be produced in support of the project activities.
- Production of visual and audio material in-house where possible with available regular resources.
- Ability to work and coordinate with production outsourced companies where required for the production of visual and audio material.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in media, marketing or equivalent field
- Experience 3-5 years with social media content, blog posts, newsletter creation and other content
- Internship or professional experience in content creation
- Experience using data to influence decision making.
- Proven ability to develop content in a balanced appropriate language that is in line with reading the surrounding developments locally and regionally in consistency with the vision and goal of the organization.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, take initiative, work with a high sense of urgency and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with colleagues and media agencies at all organizational levels.
- Ability to consistently and positively contribute in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks, and manage time efficiently.
- Familiarity with office productivity tools, web based recruiting technologies and Google Apps.
- Motivated professional with demonstrated program/project management and problem solving skills.
To apply please provide:
- A CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the vacancy (Both Arabic and English)
- A proposed press release about the Water Energy Nexus in English (look up EcoPeace website for information)
- A proposed press release about the Jordan Valley Master plan in Arabic (look up EcoPeace website for information)
EcoPeace encourages candidates seeking career opportunities to submit their CV with a cover letter, with full contact information to [email protected] no later than June 5rd 2018 by 3:00 Pm .